going on the market

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

willyhuntsdeer

going on the market

Post by willyhuntsdeer »

first off....i would like to take the time to thank everyone who gave me some input on what to use to glue the inserts in my new gold tip carbon bolts.

well after giving this some great thought, i have decided to get rid of my brand new Phoenix crossbow, i had planned on possibly selling it and going to an Exocet but i have now ruled out Excaliburs completely!

they are simply to wide for my liking, i was a former Horton owner and after last night i am again a 'present owner' of a new Horton crossbow.

so if you or anyone you know is looking to buy a brand new Phoenix crossbow be sure to keep an eye on the trading post over the next day or so' or for more details feel free to PM me at any time.

i also have alot of accessories that may go with it depending on price (everything is brand new)

thanks again for all the help and treating a newbie like they belonged here. :)
Rich

Post by Rich »

Willy,

Sorry to hear about the pending loss of your Phoenix, please accept my condolences. I've had a Horton and a Parker and the extra width is easily overshadowed by the accuracey, craftsmanship and customer service of an EXCAL. You should have no problem getting rid of the Phoenix though. Good luck with the Horton.

Rich
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Rich wrote:Willy,

Sorry to hear about the pending loss of your Phoenix, please accept my condolences. I've had a Horton and a Parker and the extra width is easily overshadowed by the accuracey, craftsmanship and customer service of an EXCAL. You should have no problem getting rid of the Phoenix though. Good luck with the Horton.

Rich
DITTO
dodgetech

willy sold mine also..

Post by dodgetech »

sold my exocet also,sorry guys i know this is a excal based website but they arent for everyone,i went back to horton also.cant get used to the width in my opinion theres some other things that i didnt like that maybe they can improve,the width,the varizone scope cant get used to the arrows,the safety is backwards[should also be automatic when cocked],i like thumbhole stocks[better].excals are great just not for me either..most people have never shot the newer crossboiws on the market so theres no way to compare if you havent..i also had a hard time cocking my exocet 20 ft up in a tree the limbs hitting the treestand and all..please dont take this as a debate its just my opinion and what ,makes me happy..
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Just because you two sold your Excals doesnt mean your not welcome here, so dont feel that you have to leave, a variety of advice is always appreciated!
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Each to his own guys. Were all cut from the same cloth, HUNTERS.

Grey Owl
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Willy ...

Shoot what you want to, man! Don't worry about it.
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Double tap! Oops! :oops:
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Each to their own. Everyone likes something different. I love my Excalibur but hunted a bit this year with a compound bow I purchased. Just like to mix it up every once in a while. A kid can never have too many toys :D .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Lots of guys use different bows heck some don't even use bows at all. Have fun with what ever you use.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Not sure if your phoenix has a package or what, but I will give you 250 shipped for the xbow only. I am in Ohio. That is 20 bucks more than I paid for my used exomag with an accessory package. It must have the forward riser though.

Save you the hassle of advertising. That is 250 US.
I love guys who don't like excals, LOL.

Let me know, PM, or just post is fine.
taxman

Post by taxman »

what seems like half the weight of other top end xbows, the extra width of the excals far outweigh the heaviness of other crossbows--IMO--esp after 6 hours in a treestand.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Edit.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
rutman

Post by rutman »

Sounds like you should try a paradox/buckmaster. They have the famous trigger mech. and they are much narrower than the recurves.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have been reading through some Horton books, I have no problem with their bows, they all look great!
I am very happy with my Excalibur though, personally I couldn't imagine shooting anything but my Exocet..
It would be a pretty boring world if we all drove Chevy's! Enjoy your bow of choice and don't be a stranger!