any of you fish

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

new paradox

any of you fish

Post by new paradox »

I got advice on buying a Gps on this forum,now I'm looking for a fishfinder for my boat,what do you guys use,what should I look for.I saw one garmen 400c with a flasher on it as well as the usuall fishfinder.I am looking to spend less then $400.00
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have an Eagle Cuda with a GPS and it does all I need it to. I fish for muskie most of the time so I put more money into the tackle then the electronics. With lures $25.00 a piece the budget for the fish finder was more around $250.00.

http://www.eaglegps.com/Products/Combo/Cuda250SMap.htm
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I just fish out fo a 14 foot aluminum and fish many small lakes but I aways have my trusty portable Hummingbird. Have owned two with the first one still being used by an uncle. When they get older battery life goes down but have been very happy.
TYE

Post by TYE »

BigUgly wrote:I just fish out fo a 14 foot aluminum and fish many small lakes but I aways have my trusty portable Hummingbird. Have owned two with the first one still being used by an uncle. When they get older battery life goes down but have been very happy.
That's what my friend and I use. He has a portable hummingbird. I believe it helped me catch an 8 lb pike this summer.
franklarabie

Post by franklarabie »

I would recommend any lowrance product x52 with no gps or lms 332c igps is great integrated antenna (less wires) I also fish out of a 14' aluminum and I have a lowrance lms 330c with gps in the back and a x52 in the front. you can also get the trolling motor transducer witch hugs the electric motor very well, great stuff.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

Tye,you should try fishing out here in manitoba.The pike are easy to come by that size.Early ice fishing and opening week in may will get you walleye that size too,even in some of the slower lakes.Biggest walleye this year was 9 pounds,last year was 12 for me.Both caught through the ice.Thats why I am looking for a good fish finder,so I can catch them in the summer also.