HELP - Who to contact about problem?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

HELP - Who to contact about problem?

Post by TYE »

Who do I contact/email about a problem?

My string just blew off my Phoenix causing a dryfire and the limbs are now cracked. :(

Scared the living poop out of me! :oops: :shock:

Slightly bent my dissipator bars, can I fix that myself?

Pictures I took of the limbs.
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/T ... D%20LIMBS/

Is there anything else I should take a look at that could have been damaged?
Last edited by TYE on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bummer, Tye! :(

You should tell the people at Excal about it ASAP. I'm sure they'll fix you up ... including fixing those dissapator bars ... why should you have to fix them yourself?

I'll bet Peter the Marketing Dude can direct you to help. You can PM Bill T. himself, too.

Hope it all works out. Glad you weren't hurt.
Grizz
TYE

Post by TYE »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Bummer, Tye! :(

You should tell the people at Excal about it ASAP. I'm sure they'll fix you up ... including fixing those dissapator bars ... why should you have to fix them yourself?

I'll bet Peter the Marketing Dude can direct you to help. You can PM Bill T. himself, too.

Hope it all works out. Glad you weren't hurt.
I tried to take some pictures, I'll see if they show the damage.

I swear I almost had a heart attack at 19 years old.

I've sent a PM to Bill, and Excalibur Marketing Dude (who I think is Peter? :oops: )
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Tye, how did the string "blow off", were you shooting it at the time?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Limbs, string and dissapators are all that should be affected..
What string were you using? By the extent of the damage I would guess FFF, regardless, it is toast.
Don't try to fire it again until it is fixed TYE, glad to hear you are OK.
Couldn't imagine doing a dry-fire.. :wink:
huntman

Post by huntman »

That sucks TYE!!! Which string was on it???
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Tye contact the shop after about 9:00 am and ask for Peter or Bill . The number is 1-800-463-1817 .Don`t shoot it till it is looked at ,for a dryfire can sometimes do damage to the tip .
shewe

Post by shewe »

ouch. sorry to hear about the damage to your bow. at least you're ok. good lick. :)
laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and they laugh louder.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Quote in part TYE"My string just blew off my Phoenix causing a dryfire and the limbs are now cracked"

What are you saying ? Must have been cocked I take it ? what was ya doing ?

In any case as you been told and have seen on the forum contact Bill T. or the Dude (Peter) by e-mail or call them(Excalibur) and as YOU know they will take care of you .... :D

Too have bent the bars and bust the limbs which is unusual(bust limbs) had to have been cocked and ready too shoot. Glad ya was not hurt.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Yeah, the bow was cocked. I was adusting the speed ring, and KABOOM!

I had the FFF string on the bow. It hit me in the face, luckily not hard enough to hurt.

If I don't have a reply to my PM's tomorrow, I will call the shop.

I swear I'm having one of the worst weeks ever, especially today. :evil:
Stash

Post by Stash »

You haven't said what exactly happened... :?:

Did the bow dry-fire, as in did you accidentally pull the trigger without an arrow?

If not, did it just go off by itself? I sure wouldn't want to think that might be possible.

Or did the string itself break? If the last, can you post a pic of the damaged string, or at lease describe where it broke?
TYE

Post by TYE »

Stash wrote:You haven't said what exactly happened... :?:

Did the bow dry-fire, as in did you accidentally pull the trigger without an arrow?

If not, did it just go off by itself? I sure wouldn't want to think that might be possible.

Or did the string itself break? If the last, can you post a pic of the damaged string, or at lease describe where it broke?
No the string didn't break. I think what happened was my jacket must have popped the safety off when I was holding the bow between my armpit while I turned the speed ring. I think my trigger finger was still inside the trigger guard and it must have set off the trigger.

I did not have a bolt loaded yet.

I was just turning the speed ring and then KABOOM. Whack in the face from the string, and I just said to myself, "OH....crap!"

Then I said a few other words I don't wanna share, and kicked the deck. Then felt like an idiot. :oops: and thought, what the hell do I do now?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

TYE said: "No the string didn't break. I think what happened was my jacket must have popped the safety off when I was holding the bow between my armpit while I turned the speed ring. I think my trigger finger was still inside the trigger guard and it must have set off the trigger."

Tye, I can't tell you how glad I am to hear you tell the truth about what you think happened, even though the accident seems to have been your own fault. You could have claimed that something just went wrong with the bow, and that you couldn't understand how it happened ... but you didn't.

Tye, that sort of honesty speaks of character to me, and I'm proud to see you behave that way. I'm not trying to be patronizing; I just want to commend you for telling it like it is, even though the telling puts you at fault.

That's the way to be a man in life. I'm glad to be accquainted with you, Tye.

I hope Excal treats you well. I would, just because you told the truth.
Grizz
gad

Post by gad »

TYE wrote:
Stash wrote:You haven't said what exactly happened... :?:

No the string didn't break. I think what happened was my jacket must have popped the safety off when I was holding the bow between my armpit while I turned the speed ring. I think my trigger finger was still inside the trigger guard and it must have set off the trigger.

I did not have a bolt loaded yet.

I was just turning the speed ring and then KABOOM. Whack in the face from the string, and I just said to myself, "OH....crap!"

Then I said a few other words I don't wanna share, and kicked the deck. Then felt like an idiot. :oops: and thought, what the hell do I do now?
Hey man, a guy who shoots a bow (vert or xbow) must always ask for yourself "When I will dryfire my bow?" Cause almost anyone I know have dryfired bows, including me, TWICE! :oops:

Just take a breath, laugh a lot (yes, what could you do now that it is already done. :wink: ) and of course, contact excalibur.

My exocet 175 havent got damaged from my two dryfires, but a exocet 200 from a budy broken the limbs when dryfired first. Then we contacted excalibur guys and replaced the limbs for a more than reasonable cost.

Could you believe that the same guy dryfired again his xbow more three times, and not have happened? I do believe that nothing bad happed on the last dryfires cause he was using the dissipator pads on the bow. I think the dissipator pads helped to dissipate all the energy of the bow away from the limbs.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
rutman

Post by rutman »

Harsh Dude!
I'm confident that Bill will look after ya! Don't sweat it!
Now I would worry like 90 if it was some other brand of xbow, even one of those way expensive supposed super bows. :wink:
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!