walmart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

walmart

Post by M&M »

I just found out that it is now policy that all the walmart stores in northern ohio will no longer sell guns or ammo. So I for one will no longer shop at walmart since they have gone liberal. M&M
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

likewise in port huron as of sept 06
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Bet Sam Walton is rolling over right now. I know he was a big hunter.
Why ride when you can walk!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

well doesnt that suk... hopefully it doesnt come into effect here in Va
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I just stocked up on rimfire ammo at my SE Ohio Walmart and the clerk said they are not dropping guns or hunting/fishing stuff. Maybe just at stores where it isn't selling much and not profitable to devote the space.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
joeyd50

Post by joeyd50 »

I'm from NJ and our Walmarts started out selling Shotguns and ammo and then stop. I asked a salesperson once way they stopped and he told me you had to be either licensed or certified to handle firearms and Walmart just did not pay these guys enough for them to stay. So that may be the case at your Walmart.
Joe
MADMAX2

WALL MART

Post by MADMAX2 »

MADMAX2

WALL MART

Post by MADMAX2 »

I always went there because I could get my bread and bullets.I guess I will be going somewhere else! http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246 ... 006003.jpg
wabi

Post by wabi »

Our local WalMart has a very small sporting goods department, and not much of a selection. I was there today and looked throught the fishing tackle selection (looking for some new line). Not much but last years old stock re-arranged. When I asked the clerk when the new stuff would be in he said it already was on the shelves. :shock:
Seems like all they want to handle is the cheap junk that moves quickly. If I'm shopping for a quality item I'll go elsewhere!
They did have some new tackle boxes & rod/reel combos for kids. I ended up buying a new "Lightning McQueen" tackle box for my son who was along. (from the movie "Cars") Guess there is a market for the cheap junk. :roll:
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wabi
Ours in Marietta is pretty good. I was there last night and managed to drop $85 on tackle and cartridges. Got my new combo hunt/Fish license so I guess that's not too bad. Man I got the hots for fishing now. Won't be long and Walleye and Sauger be hitting down at the dam on Muskingum River. I try to patronize Cabela's and BassPro cuz they actually throw some of their profits back into promoting the hunting and fishing sports. Walmart is nothing but cheap and most of their stuff is Chinese and I don't like the idea of supporting them.

Buy American or Canadian if I can.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
hawg hunter

walmart

Post by hawg hunter »

Hey they are doing the same thing here in San Antonio, Texas. Gave the manager a long talk and he agreed with me but the orderes came from above him. So now I'm going to address the higher ups not that it will do any good.
TYE

Post by TYE »

It's been this way for a long long time here.

Canadian Tire doesn't sell guns, nore does Walmart. You can buy ammunition there though. That's where I get my ammo.
M&M

Post by M&M »

ya it is too bad the store here in mansfield did at one time have a good sporting goods dept. and prices where good. I agree that Sam Walton has to be rolling in his grave since he was a hunter. But they will lose many customers because of their stance they are taking and I hope that the people let them know about it. M&M
Allan

Post by Allan »

Joeyd50 dido
The good thing was that they had a clearance sale on their ammo as they exited their licence. I picked up several 5 pacs of slugs for $2.99 CDN.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bstout is right, so far as I know.

My dad and two of my brothers work for Wally World (Don't laugh; it's not such a bad gig if you stay on a while!) ... and the way I hear it from my youngest brother, whose store did stop selling firearms, is that the issue is purely profit related, and that stores with profitable firearms sales were going to keep on sellling them. My middle brother and dad's store kept on selling them.

Here in East NC, I've not heard of any dropping firearms sales, and the brand spanking new SuperCenter in Elizabeth City, NC has a grand display of sporting goods with guns, I've heard.

So, it may be that those of you who have had local stores drop guns simply live in areas where hunting and the shooting sports aren't all that deeply entrenched in society.

In my experience, WalMart sells the same firearms other retailers do and cannot be beat on prices. Every once in a while, Cabelas or BassPro will outdo them on some particular gun, but over all, Wally World can sell it to you cheapest ... and most stores can order you most anything, too. It's not just what's on display. If you've got a relative or friend who works there, get them to buy it for you and you can get an extra 10% off!
Grizz