Instructional Hunting Whitetail Video?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Exocet77

Instructional Hunting Whitetail Video?

Post by Exocet77 »

Anybody know of any good informative hunting dvds? I have a few good books like Mapping Trophy Bucks and that. Do they make movies like that? I have only seen your regular Monster Bucks, Primetime type movies.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I just started hunting last year, and I have watched quite a few videos and hunting shows. I can't say that I found many of them to be of any use. All the shows on tv are pushing products and are hunting on "managed" land. The only show I even like is the Whitetail Revolution show on vs network. There is a guy, Ron Spomer, who actually gives advice you can use. Even that is less than 10% or less of the show. I wish someone would make a good beginners how-to video covering some of the basics. It would have saved me some time last year and this figuring it out on my own.
xeon

Post by xeon »

Watching people hunt fenced whitetails isnt instructional :?

Best way to learn is trial and error. Or even better, go with an old fella whos already figured out the trial and error things for yah.
Rebel Hog

Post by Rebel Hog »

xeon wrote:Watching people hunt fenced whitetails isnt instructional :?

Best way to learn is trial and error. Or even better, go with an old fella whos already figured out the trial and error things for yah.
10-4, good advice! :wink:
"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Trial and error not only works, xeon, but I have a pretty good time learning as well. That first buck this year was very satisfying.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The wonderful thing about deer hunting is: Just when you think you've finally got it all figured out, you realize that you don't! :lol:
xeon

Post by xeon »

VixChix wrote:The wonderful thing about deer hunting is: Just when you think you've finally got it all figured out, you realize that you don't! :lol:
Thats why some people resort to tall fences, and in BC... night hunting. And yes, those people think they have figured it out... but they have no idea what its really about, and they never will.

PS: Im SURE not every Canadian Native supports night hunting, and I feel that its the government to blame in this. Not Natives at all. Government is here to protect everyones best interests, thats why theyve been elected, and thats why I pay taxes. But I cant do a dam thing about it.

PSS: Im sure all people who hunt in tall-fenced areas are stupid to begin with, so I dont even need to start with them :lol:
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

I have taken 2 bucks and seen a lot more in my last few years hunting, but I still think I had a lot of luck and a little skill :) I ended up finding Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails” Vol. 1-3 DVDs I just ordered. http://www.deer-john.net/dvdpage1.html
Will let you know how they work out. Something to watch in between seasons anyways ;)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hunting whitetail is a lot like fishing. There are several strategies and sometimes none of them work.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen