O/T Wild TV

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

O/T Wild TV

Post by TYE »

My dad was on the phone with Bell and thinking about switching to Bell satellite. Is this WILD TV channel any good?
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

check out their web site www.wildtv.ca,very impressive except for all the garbage channels you get with it.
TYE

Post by TYE »

bait pile willie wrote:check out their web site www.wildtv.ca,very impressive except for all the garbage channels you get with it.

Yeah I've looked at the website. I was just wondering if any of you guys like Wild Tv. I want the OUTDOOR CHANNEL, but apparently it's american and only on Direct TV. :(
bait pile willie

the programs on wild tv are the same as whats on the american channels which our good govt will never alow us to get regular tv.maybe if they were teecast in some other language than english we would be sure to get them but thats another story.
bait pile willie

tye look into getting an american sat.dish. than you can get all the programs.,free other than the iniatial cost.my son has had one for the last 5 yrs.but you would become bored watching outdoor shows every day on at least 5 different channels.
Charlie Booze

Post by Charlie Booze »

Tye I have Bell Satellite and I can't wait until my contract is over, this was a bad move for me, contract will be over in Oct. I will not go back too Bell. I think I will go back too cable T.V. :evil: :evil:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Charlie Booze wrote:Tye I have Bell Satellite and I can't wait until my contract is over, this was a bad move for me, contract will be over in Oct. I will not go back too Bell. I think I will go back too cable T.V. :evil: :evil:
What so bad about Bell?

We have Star Choice right now.
xeon

Post by xeon »

Seriously, if you want to watch hunting 24/7 365 and not get up and do some yourself, your really missing the point of hunting in the first place.
I have the Outdoor Channel. It was great for a week... then It was just repetitive. Repeats, boring as hell shows, and people whispering all the time, dont really make for much of a show. Go for a walk in the forest its more fun, trust me on this one, seriously.
Oh, Excalibur sponsers many great shows not on Outdoor Channel. Canada in the rough I belive it is, compared to some of the shows on that channel, is twice as good.

Youtube or Google Video is a good place for watching hunting shows. Theres also online shows on the Cabelas and Bass Pro website. Most other hunting shows are also featuring clips or episodes from their shows online.
tracer

Post by tracer »

I've got Wild TV and it's been great. Most of the shows are in their new seasons. My fav. shows are : Deer&Deer Hunting, Archer's Choice, Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures and Predator Quest. I hardly watch hockey any more.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I've been getting Wild T.V. for about one year. Some shows are better than others, for instance Canada In The Rough, Jim Shockeys Adventure (who is orginally from my home town, Saskatoon), Hunting Canada And Beyond, (which again is based out of Saskatoon), these shows not only have awesome hunts, with trophy class animals, but its almost amature, like what you'd see if you yourself were on the hunt. Their hunters just like you and I, not showcasing glitz and glamour, with famous people like basball players etc. etc. Some shows like Summit In High Places, it just makes me sick to watch, here you have 4 or 5 guys on a million dollar set, sitting around talking about the hunt, only to see them put on a HollyWood Act. Most of the show is advertising products, and really pounding their own chest.

Also some of these programs, are filmed in high fenced hunt farms, which alot of us don't agree with.

Archers Choice and The Choice are produced by the same couple, its based out of the Sates, but has hunts up here in Canada, their a down to earth couple, that make it enjoyable to watch. They also have all weapons including Crossbows, albeit Ten Point.

I watch Wild T.V. when I'm in the city working, it pumps me up to go hunting or fishing on my days off.

Grey Owl
JRS

Post by JRS »

I get Wild TV on Bell and enjoy it. It is a heck of a lot better than getting up early on Sunday to catch a couple hunting shows on regular channels. The only complaint I have with it is that the program being shown is quite often not the program given in the satellite guide, making it hard to plan ahead to watch a particular show. If you are into fishing, you also get the fishing network as part of the package. As mentioned, the ultimate is the American satellite feed, as they have several stations that provide this programming. I like Scent Loks Getting Close, you can never get too much of Tiffany Lakosky. :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

I was flippin' through my Star Choice guide the other day, and noticed I have the World Fishing Network (I think it's world, the label is WFN). It's somewhat keeping me occupied when I'm bored. lol.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Is there much on it different than The Outdoor channel?
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I like Scent Loks Getting Close, you can never get too much of Tiffany Lakosky.
I'll second that note. She may act like the ditsy blond sometimes, but who cares :lol: :lol: :lol: . Did you see her in the bikini shooting the "flying fish" with the bow. Now that was a show :!: :!: :!:
Why ride when you can walk!
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Tye

Dishnet has lots of outdoor channels.

It has been well worth the hassel when it goes down from time to time.

High friends in places is all ya need to get hooked up!

LOL
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !