The Big Boys are BACK!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tigerpaw

The Big Boys are BACK!!

Post by Tigerpaw »

Last edited by Tigerpaw on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

I'm glad things got cleared for you, it's a shame that some people will be so stupid because their jealouse.

The picture looked better before you added the black blobb. :lol:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Tigerpaw wrote :
Finally have things cleared up and I have the go ahead!! Tags were proved to have been applied forthwith and warnings were given.

Face was blacked out at the request of the powers that be. I have no problem with them wanting to avoid false reports ect.

I must say Excalibur proved themselves with these guys.
Glad it worked out for ya . They were nice bucks .... knowing the CO's in our area , you are lucky you only got a warning !

pphoenix wrote :
I'm glad things got cleared for you, it's a shame that some people will be so stupid because their jealouse.
From what I heard it had nothing to do with anybody being jealous ( what's to be jealous about ? ) .... it was people concerned about infractions of our Ontario game laws that inquired .... Tigerpaw did the right thing ( by seeing it thru ), he is a big boy , he is responsible for his actions , and it was his previous statements that got him investigated !
Last edited by R.J. on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TPM

Post by TPM »

From what I heard it had nothing to do with anybody being jealous ( what's to be jealous about ? ) .... it was people concerned about infractions of our Ontario game laws that inquired .... Tigerpaw did the right thing , he is a big boy , he is responsible for his actions , and it was his previous statements that got him investigated !
I agree....
Hope this thread doesn't go bad like the previous ones did.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

TPM wrote :
I agree....
Hope this thread doesn't go bad like the previous ones did.
I never did see where the other thread went or how it ended up ....

I just know from experience that when you post on a public forum , you are responsible for your actions and with many people viewing , reading , scrutenizing , you need to be carefull what you post , and how you represent our fine fraternity of outdoor sportsmen / sportswomen ... the last thing we need as a group is any negative publicity !

I learned first hand when in 2004 , I posted a picture of an 8 point I had taken on Dec 30th , when our group was doing " the final push " to fill tags ...

I had taken the eight point on an evening stand ... the farmer saw me walking out of my stand and came over with the tractor , scooped up the buck and drove it to the tailgate of my truck ( approx 100 yards from the kill site ) .... I snapped a quick picture and put the tag on .... the buck stayed in the back of my truck .... the next day I took a field shot of the buck , with another 6 point on the sled before they went to the butcher ...

The picture was taken with a cheap pocket digital and I had my hand over the tag in that particular shot ....

A guest forum memeber inquired about the tag ( since he didn't see it on the tailgate shot , and it was covered on the field shot ) .... so I posted another picture that clearly showed the tag affixed ...

Later without my prompting a couple of other guys posted that they could verify the tagging of that buck .... Our butcher will not take any untagged animals as well !

Bottom line .... I am responsible for my actions and had no problem putting up the proof ...

I am real carefull now to make sure my photo journal shots include a field shot , a tag and drag shot ready to go to the butcher .... :lol:

We try to take the " high road " , but have to realize ...." somebody is always watching " ...

Anyway .... enough of that .... I'm downloading some pic's right now of a 5 yard encounter with a coyote this afternoon ! .... I was getting real nervous ( I was only armed with the camera ) .... stay tuned !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "