Brace height on Exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GNerol

Brace height on Exomax

Post by GNerol »

Hello everyone,

I just picked up my new Xbow a few hours ago. Tomorrow I plan on posting a thread on my experience of setting it up and shooting it the first few times. But I have a question. I used the Crossbow Stringer that came with the accessory kit. At first it did not pull the limbs back far enough to get the string on the ends. I had to shorten the string between the Blue ends by about 4 inches to get the limbs back far enough to get the string on the ends. I see that there are two lines marked on the rail where the string crosses it at rest. My string is almost 1/2 inch behind (towards the trigger) the second line. I removed all twists in the string. No where in the instruction CD or in the Manual does it mention brace height. I assume that with two lines engraved on the rail, correct brace height would put the string between the two lines. Am I wrong? Will the string stretch that much with the first few shots, or did I get a short string? I have not shot the Xbow yet and won't until I find out about this. Thank you for any help and information you can give me.

GNerol
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the string needs to be be between those 2 lines for proper shooting but since yours is new, its probably gonna have to stretch a little. I would think after some shots it will fall between those 2 lines. Every bow has a sweet spot between those lines for best speed and less sound. As long as its somewhere in the middle of those lines everything will be ok. I got the most speed from mine about 1/8th inch from the forward line(next to foot peg). But their was only 2-4fps difference in between those marks so its nothing major, just something to be picky about if you want to tweek the bow.

also, everyone usually has to adjust they stringing aid also. So thats nothing to be worried about there

congrats on the new bow.. ask any questions you might have to even call excal if you need. They would be more than happy to answer you:) Oh if anything breaks also, give them a ring and they will fix ya right back up:)