Homemade stuff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Prorudy

Homemade stuff

Post by Prorudy »

Here is what I do when my wife doesn't have me renovating the house! a couple of pics of my skeletonized ground pounder mount and a few cross-bow shafts that I have I painted over time.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/ ... C00774.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/ ... C00771.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/ ... C00769.jpg
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Mount looks dang good thea way, I also like doing the feather spicing .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My dial-up is making slow work of these photos, the first one of the wraps and feathers was like a peep show while it opened, those are some fine looking arrows!

*EDIT*
OK, got to see all the pictures! The mount, is it Groundpounders mount modified, or did you copy the design?
Last edited by Pydpiper on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
araz2114

Post by araz2114 »

prorudy, tell Wendy that this is how you do it :D :D If she would only listen :shock:

live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever

araz2114
Prorudy

Groundpounder mount

Post by Prorudy »

Hi Pydpiper

I replicated this mount from the original groundpounder mount but went one step further because I was bored and had nothing better to do!! The material was relatively inexpensive to purchase and if you have a drill press and band saw and someone you know who can machine the posts then you have it made!
Prorudy

Post by Prorudy »

Hey there araz2114

wildwendy speaking here and my famous quote

"live and learn, buddy"

see u on wednesday!!
Pydpiper

Re: Groundpounder mount

Post by Pydpiper »

I may be off a bit here, but I am not thinking so.. The name "groundpounder mount" was something designed by a member here a while ago, I seem to recall he put a lot of work into it for Excalibur owners, it just struck me as odd that you would name your mount with the same name. It's not like you bought his and modified it, you copied it.. Again, just me, but I just don't think that is cool.

Prorudy wrote:Hi Pydpiper

I replicated this mount from the original groundpounder mount but went one step further because I was bored and had nothing better to do!! The material was relatively inexpensive to purchase and if you have a drill press and band saw and someone you know who can machine the posts then you have it made!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like the mismatched coloured feathers. Neat looking!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Yeah the feathers are neat for sure, Im not going to touch the other topic though, too much controversy for me.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
TYE

Re: Groundpounder mount

Post by TYE »

Pydpiper wrote:I may be off a bit here, but I am not thinking so.. The name "groundpounder mount" was something designed by a member here a while ago, I seem to recall he put a lot of work into it for Excalibur owners, it just struck me as odd that you would name your mount with the same name. It's not like you bought his and modified it, you copied it.. Again, just me, but I just don't think that is cool.
I think he was just trying to say it was like groundpounders mount. I don't think he's intending on profitting from it and selling them himself, I think he was just trying something.

I copied an idea Greywolf had for a crossbow rack, because I liked the idea, I don't think he minded that. I hope not atleast. I made two. I don't sell them though.

I don't think what Prorudy did was bad or wrong. Just experimenting.

Just my 2 cents. :oops:
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

My tongue is BLEEDING!
Why ride when you can walk!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Maybe its too late in the night to be thinking on this right now, as far as controversy I have wanted to speak up in the past on many controversial topics but chose not to so my name would not ever be associated with such. But here it goes. People have done this already to me with my mount and been lashed by others in defense for my design and I said nothing publicly on the forum. But this one has me thinking of what Bill T must think of Middleton Crossbows, nothing more than a cheap copy :!: I don't want my mount associated with this one like Bill T wants his associated with Middleton. I think respect is EARNED and Bill T has done that. I also would like to think that I have done that other than this current post. As far as not meaning anything by it, you didn't have to post your copy. I know lots of people have probably copied my design and thats fine. But now only two people on the forum have been brazen enough to post pictures of their mockery. I originally posted as an idea and it wasn't until I received such feedback that I decided to make it for others. It is posts like this that will keep people from sharing ideas in the future for trying to make things better for all of us. I think I have probably said too much already so I'm done with this one :!: :!: :!:
Why ride when you can walk!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Groundpounder, I respect that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:D Well said Todd and I agree with you 100%...Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Prorudy

Homemade Stuff

Post by Prorudy »

First and foremost I would like to apologize for any upset that I may of caused by posting the pics of the mount that I recently made. The post was not meant to be malicious or disrespectful in any way, in fact I have nothing but respect and admiration for Todd. In the past one of the forum members submitted a comment to Groundpounder that they hope he makes a million off of his invention, well I too hope that he makes his million!