Remembering a friend ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

remember

Post by Big John »

Very nicely done RJ. :)
I am sure he is watching, and reading every time you post.
The smile he has on with that nice Buck is Priceless. :)

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
BUCKSHOT

Very Thoughtfull!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Very nice way to remember and honor your friend R.J.

I will always remember and respect your sentiment on how friends are honored and live on in our memories!
Well said! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Greylag

Post by Greylag »

I knew him, and liked him a lot, a real stand up guy. I too still miss him.
A nice tribute to him R.J.
Wishing all of you the wind at your back,
Good friends by your side,
and a lifetime of adventures ahead.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep ... Mikey V. was class act ! .... As Buckshot mentioned , I believe when you pass , you live on in the memories of your friends and family ...

Mikey had many firends .... he will not be soon forgotten !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

That's a nice tribute to Red Label, R.J. 8)

I remember the day (boxing day 2004) he shot that buck. He was proud.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Thanks for the tribute for Red Label R.J. I remember his posts here on the forum and he was very helpfull on this forum. Great story and pictures.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Although I never met him outside the forum, I do think of him on occasion. A week or so ago. And many times while sitting in my treestand.

RJ, I am glad you posted this tribute.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

My.

Has it been two years?

It seems like only yesterday when I read on here that Mikey had passed on. I was in total shock and sat here with tears in my eyes.

I never had the priviledge of meeting Mikey personally but we became good friends right here on the Excalibur forum.

We had many a great talks but on here and through PMs and emails. I loved his zest for life and hunting. The excitement in his typed words came through loud and clear.

We both worked together to send a young man with brain cancer on a bear hunt, fully outfitted. We became pretty close during that time period.

As we travel thorugh life we will meet many people, but just a few will make a lasting impact on us. Mikey V. did that for me and I'm sure quite a few others..

I'm sure he is still out there wandering that deer woods with his beloved Exomag in hand.

May the good Lord comfort his friends and family in the coming days and weeks.

Time will ease the pain, but nothing can ever erase the great memories

R.I.P. Mikey....
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
saxman

Post by saxman »

R.I.P Brother Mike.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
warpipe

Post by warpipe »

A very nice tribute to your friend. Life is short and precious so the next time a buddy call's to go for a fish or a hunt we should make the time. I was talking to an elderly man in an old age home a few week's ago and he told me he'd trade all of his wordly possessions to go for one more deer hunt. Just goes to show you how much we take for granted sometimes.
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

Wonderful tribute R.J,and an excellent story and beautiful pictures!Sorry about your loss of such a good friend and outdoorsman. (P.S--sorry about your loss also Ecoaster ,very sorry to hear about your sister!)
troy
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Nice RJ

I didnt know red label personely but I enjoyed his reads on the forum here and he had sound advise...I dont believe i ever heard a sour word from him..anyway nice tribute RJ Im sure he would be grateful.....I know ifn i knew a friend of mine remembered me like that I would be honored..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

A lifelong friend of mine lost his battle with cancer this week. At his funeral service, the following poem was part of his program. It had a big impact on me and I thought I would share it with you.

"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains the exactly as it was. I am I, you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other; that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt: nothing is lost. One brief moment and all we be as it was before. How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again. "- Anonymous
CH

Post by CH »

We all miss the great times we had with him when i think of him it makes me sad but when those times come about all i have to do is look at that tshirt and laugh he is always thought of and the picture of me you and him at that crossbow shoot hangs on my wall but i know he's watching....