Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChappyBoss

Strings

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how many strands of fast flight is reconmended in a string for an Exocet 200. Also would adding a couple of extra strands help reduce noise. I know it will cost some speed. But I have plenty of that :D

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.
ChappyBoss
TYE

Post by TYE »

I think Dacron is the best way to shut out a little noise, but it will slow you down a bit.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Thanks Tye,
I had thought about Dacron. But would you happen to know how many strands for either?
I only have the flemish twist strings. Sadly there aren't many Excalibur shooters over here in Britain.

ChappyBoss
TYE

Post by TYE »

I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.

I use flemish twist strings also. I have fast flight ones and dacron ones. They both work fine for me. They both have their advantages I suppose.
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

For your Exocet, I would use no less than 28 strands of a good fast flight material like TS plus, a type of dynema(sp?)

If you want to use a dacron flemish string, I would use 30 strands to be safe.

When Excal changed their Excel string fron excel to dacron, I decided to start making my own dacron flemish strings. I have a vixen, 150 pound, I have limbsavers on the limbs, I use 420, 440, and 460 grain arrows. On this bow I use a 26 strand string, but I wouldn't use anything that light on any other crossbow or if I were going to shoot 350 grain arrows.

You need to talk to Comfy Bear. He has forgotten more about this than I will ever know.
I never was as good as I used to be.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been making dacron strings for me Excaliburs for several years. 30 strands of B-50 has worked fine on my Vixen, Exocet (175), and Phoenix.
wabi
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Thanks Guys,
I will try a couple of options (heavy fast flight / heavy dacron) and let you know how things go.
All of your input has been very kind. Nice to know even though I am a long way from Excalibur, there are knowledgeable people I can reach.

ChappyBoss