Just ordered my Excalibur!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bushwhacker

Just ordered my Excalibur!

Post by Bushwhacker »

Boys and Gals,

I have finally done it! Just ordered my first crossbow from Bowhunter's Superstore. After a thorough reality check I decided against the stronger models and ordered a Phoenix, this will suit me better.

So, about a fortnight from now, I will be pestering ye all with all kinds of ahh's and ohh's and the inevitable newbie questions :-)

I also ordered a load of other stuff, bolts, tips, inserts, scope mount, sling, extra string (flemish fast flight), Slick Tricks, scorpios, scope (not the Excal Lumizone though, I opted for the Tru Glo Tru Brite 1.5-5x32mm Illuminated), Range Finder plus mount. All that set me back quite a few, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Boyohboy, I'm a couple months short of fifty and as excited as a 6 year old come Christmas!

All the best to you all and thanks for all the knowledge and insight I have gained from this excellent forum so far!

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
TruGlo Tru Brite 1.5-5x32mm Illuminated
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Tricks 100 Grain 1 1/8
Rich

Post by Rich »

Rudi,

Welcome, you'll be extremely pleased with the Phoenix. I have both the Exocet and Phoenix. The Phoenix will outshoot my Exocet when it comes to accuracey (my Exocet is deadly accurate too), it's easier to cock, balanced better. If I would have bought it first, I'd own 2 Phoenix's, one for me and 1 for the wife.

Rich
Savagevervet

Post by Savagevervet »

Awesome, Rudi! Congratulations. So where are you going to take it for it's first hunting trip?

Cheers!

Savagevervet
wabi

Post by wabi »

I think you will be pleased with the Phoenix. It's plenty of power for hunting, and easier to use for target shooting. I have one and am very happy with it's performance.
wabi
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

You will be very pleased with the Phoenix. I am with mine.

Good Luck. :wink:
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

A Great crossbow! Last year was my first with a Phoenix and l'll never look back!
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

Well done!
Compliments!

Matthias
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Ocyrus

Welcome

Post by Ocyrus »

A very good choice I have one I shoot at 50 yrds I have been known to hit a ping pong ball at that distance, No not every time but I can do it its the bow it will out shoot us.......EXCALIBUR !!!! :wink:
Bowfish Florida
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

You will be very happy with the accuracy and dependability of your Excalibur. :D