Need advice from all members!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tigerpaw

Need advice from all members!

Post by Tigerpaw »

I was out scouting today in a part of my land that I have not been before.
I found a REAL deer highway a funnel between two lakes.

Here is the problem someone has a blind on a cliff over looking my land and the deer highway. I am sure that this blind has been there for a number of years and I have a feeling that it is a neighbor of mine that hunts it.

Of course I will be hunting it next season but how should I go about letting the neighbor with the blind that has been hunting my land wrongfully for a number of years know that he is no longer welcome.
What would you do?
TYE

Post by TYE »

Leave a note in his blind maybe?
Steve Craig

Post by Steve Craig »

Just go to him face to face, and ask him if he is hunting from that blind. If he says yes, then kindly ask him to remove it, and tell him you are hunting YOUR land this year.
If he says that it is not his blind and that he is not hunting from it, thank him for his time and go tear it down.
www.azpredatorhunts.com
wabi

Post by wabi »

Steve Craig wrote:Just go to him face to face, and ask him if he is hunting from that blind. If he says yes, then kindly ask him to remove it, and tell him you are hunting YOUR land this year.
If he says that it is not his blind and that he is not hunting from it, thank him for his time and go tear it down.
Sound like reasonable advice!
wabi
OwnerITO

Post by OwnerITO »

First make sure that you know who the blind belongs too. No sense approaching someone about the issue if they are not even involved. If his blind is overlooking your land but he is sitting on his land then there is nothing you can do. If he shoots a deer on your land then he would have to trespass on it to retrieve it. If the deer blind happens to be his then you can politely ask him to leave and he should if he possesses any hunting ethics at all. If he puts up a big stink then just involve the proper authorities and they can handle it. You could always put up a camera there to really find out who the blind belongs too and go from there. Once the blind situation is solved, take down his blind so any claims, if he may have any, will be fully removed. Other than that I am lost.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

The problem I see with this and everyones advise, It reads that the blind is on the mans property overlooking Tigerpaws. Nothing against the law about that except if he shoots onto Tigerpaws property. Good morals are being broken here but not the law. If you approach the blind or tear one down on someone elses propery you will be the one at fault.
Why ride when you can walk!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Guess I read it as the blind is on Tigerpaw's property. If it is, then the advice to ask the neighbor if it is his blind is reasonable. If it is on the neighbor's property, then there is nothing you can do about it. I would still advise him that you will be hunting that area this season.
wabi
huntman

Post by huntman »

groundpounder wrote:The problem I see with this and everyones advise, It reads that the blind is on the mans property overlooking Tigerpaws. Nothing against the law about that except if he shoots onto Tigerpaws property. Good morals are being broken here but not the law. If you approach the blind or tear one down on someone elses propery you will be the one at fault.
Was think the same thing as GP... however TP doesnt state if the blind is on his or his neighbour property. If it is on his neighbours he really cant do much except setting up a blind that will be infront of the other on his land overlooking this "highway"!! No law been broken then. maybe just a really pissed of neighbour!! Its your call TP if you want to approach him and ask i would wait to see if infact anyone is using that blind or if its been left there! Only time will tell! Oct 1 will be here sooner then we think!
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

Not sure of your relationship with your neibour tigerpaw but why dont you both hunt the area the more meat the merrier
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

BUSHDOG wrote:Not sure of your relationship with your neighour tigerpaw but why dont you both hunt the area the more meat the merrier
That would be nice AND the way I would prefer it but this is not that kind of situation! This is a case of a hunter with a blind 5 ft. ( I measured it) from my land and facing my land. It is well sided and only has shooting lanes through my land. He is a trophy hunter and will not take kindly to the fact that I do not want him to hunt my land. I have NO problem enforcing my rights as a land owner but would like to do this the nice way!

Please help.
Last edited by Tigerpaw on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBo

Post by JohnBo »

Don't mention the blind. Just tell the neighbor that you found a great spot and you will be hunting there next year. He should realize that he will need to find another spot for his blind.

Later,
John
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

JohnBo wrote:Don't mention the blind. Just tell the neighbor that you found a great spot and you will be hunting there next year. He should realize that he will need to find another spot for his blind.

Later,
John
Smart.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Post your property line and be sure one is located where it can be seen from the blind.
Why ride when you can walk!
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Orput a blind hidding the trail to the funnel.That way he can't shoot in the trail.
Taureau noir
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I found myself in a similar situation up north once during rifle season - I made sure I was visible and hunted in the same area at the same time. The message came across pretty clear and the other person left.

Would it be an option to divert the funnel with a some logs or a brush pile across the trail to move the deer out of his shooting lanes and make his blind unattractive to him?