AAE fletcher won't work

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

AAE fletcher won't work

Post by xbowking »

Hi guys , i recently bought the AAE fletcher on ebay it was in my price range and i thought it would do the job for the amount of arrows i refletch, like a couple arrows a year. So i soon get the fletcher in the mail last week and notice it only does arrows that have nocks , and if you take out the nock reciever the arrow doesent sit in tight and thers no set way to get the fletching in the exact same spot each arrow (bolt),i have been trying to think of a way to make it work but havent come up with any ideas, if anyone has a trick to maybe make this work it would be great , tks -- Dave.
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Hi xbowking,
This link should help. You can simply glue a stadard nock onto a field point. Or if you have access to a machinist like I do you can have him make you couple of nocks complete with screw in threads.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =fletching
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Allan

Post by Allan »

As Buckeye stated, glue a nock to a field point and screw it into the bolt end.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Thanks guys i will try that .
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

A while back a guy posted on AT a pic of a common slip on pencil eraser w/ a notch cut into it that worked well w/ his fletcher, but can't recall what he was using. My local bow monkey had the same problem w/ my arrows, so I took a couple of glue in nocks and drilled and tapped them 8-32 and put pieces of threaded rod into them which is another solution. [You have to cut the part that goes inside shaft off first.]
"Eze 18:21"