how to find a hunting spot?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

edgeofheaven

how to find a hunting spot?

Post by edgeofheaven »

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie for hunting. small game is what I am interested in at this moment. I have got the PAL and hunting licence at hand. anybody where can I go for small game? Hopefully the spot is not too far and fee is not too expensive. I am living in toronto.
Thank you
WMU-92-SS

Post by WMU-92-SS »

How about the Ganaraska Forest...find its website with Google.
edgeofheaven

Post by edgeofheaven »

looks great! thanks buddy :)
edgeofheaven

Post by edgeofheaven »

do you know any privite farm for hunting small game which is near toronto?
huntman

Post by huntman »

Hi edgeofheaven, not sure what your asking but, if you are looking to hunt on PRIVATE land by yourself or with you "gang", the only thing you can do is ask as many landowners as you find. Keep your fingers cross that one will say YES, believe me they are not going to come to you and ask to hunt their properties.... Now the work begins Good Luck ... your going to needed it!
xeon

Post by xeon »

Well this time of year unless your hunting either Redfox,wolf or coyote south of the French River, theres not much hunting in Ontario. You could always go for skunk, theyre open all year too.

You live in Toronto.... take a small drive north, and youll be in crown land, you can do whatever there.
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

Just go out and ask that is all you can do and you might get lucky. I've asked some land owners and some are nice and some kick you off wright away. There are some out there that are not to nice. Good luck and keep trying.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

xeon wrote:Well this time of year unless your hunting either Redfox,wolf or coyote south of the French River, theres not much hunting in Ontario. You could always go for skunk, theyre open all year too.

You live in Toronto.... take a small drive north, and youll be in crown land, you can do whatever there.
How do you know what is crown land.... and what isn't?

Is there a list of crown land property somewhere?
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
rutman

Post by rutman »

If your knocking on doors, don't offer money for hunting rights. That is something that is not good for our sport. Offering to share game is o.k but we don't want to rush to the day that someone who is less fortunate is no longer able to hunt for food. The government already takes more than enough $ for the possible harvest of game. Kindness and a good polite approach will do wonders for opportunities on private land.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Rage_A_Holic wrote:

Rage, you can go to your local MNR office and obtain a crown lan map to find crown land close to you. I just went and got one about a month ago and its is pretty specific about where the crown land is.

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

awesome, thanks
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
WMU-92-SS

Post by WMU-92-SS »

Rage_A_Holic wrote:
xeon wrote:Well this time of year unless your hunting either Redfox,wolf or coyote south of the French River, theres not much hunting in Ontario. You could always go for skunk, theyre open all year too.

Goto http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/

On the left hand side there is an icon called "Crown Land Use Atlas". Click that and it will take you to a set of maps that outline Crown Land, etc.