New crossbow....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Swede

New crossbow....

Post by Swede »

Why dont you take a look at this new crossbow made by an Excalibur dealer.....

I dont know what you think but I like it. :D

http://www.excalibur-armbrust.de/armbru ... VIVA-49985
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

? looks cool but need some one to read it for me :lol: :lol: GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Swede

Post by Swede »

Hahaha....I know but I guess it will be in english in a while... Looks like a very portable and handy Excalibur.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Different for sure.

A fold up crossbw.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here is my paraphrase of an online translators rendering of the German-to-English. They're really bad, but I think this is something close:

SURVIVAL: This EXCALIBUR/WOLFSZEIT hybrid is really exciting! Combining Excalibur's original system with our own patent-protected innovations has created the most versatile crossbow ever known. It not only meets all sporting and hunting needs, but is superior in some ways to any other standard model.

SURVIVAL: This crossbow can be converted from ready-to-fire to transport-ready in just two minutes without the use of tools. Careful breakdowns do not affect zero or precise firing. This crossbow has the power of the Excalibur Phoenix, and is reliable and maintenance-free, but is adjustable for length-of-pull and is very smooth shooting when used with included shock-absorbing accessories.

This crossbow can shoot accurately to 130 metres using our sights, spirit level system and bipod, when using best quality arrows in windless conditions. The sights are can be precisely adjusted throughout their entire range.

The all-black model comes in three pieces for a small extra fee. Supply is limited; first come, first serve. Order soon.

Guaranteed arrow speed: 93 metres per second using Excalibur carbons at 22.7 grams

Length: 99 cm
Width: 91 cm

Total weight minus accessories: 4 kg
Grizz
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Forget the crossbow I want to know about sights.

This crossbow can shoot accurately to 130 metres using our sights, spirit level system and bipod, when using best quality arrows in windless conditions. The sights are can be precisely adjusted throughout their entire range
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

GREAT! any other expense coming my way :(

at least this one doesn't look like it will be here for a while.

for those of you that need help converting units:

Guaranteed speed 93 Meters/second = 305FPS
with a 22.7Gram carbon bolt = 350Grains

Length 99cm = 38.9"
Width 91cm=35.8"
Weight 4Kg = 8.8Lbs
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Woody Williams wrote:Forget the crossbow I want to know about sights.

This crossbow can shoot accurately to 130 metres using our sights, spirit level system and bipod, when using best quality arrows in windless conditions. The sights are can be precisely adjusted throughout their entire range
I think something may be lost in translation.

I think what they are trying to get to, is that it CAN accurately shoot up to 130meters (142Yards)..... but what is accurately? a 3" group? a 5" group? a 7" group? a 12" group?

a 12" group at 140 yards is still pretty good to some. "Accurately" needs to be defined. This bow appears to be a fold up version of the Phoenix. I would bet that the phoenix would be equally accurate up to 140yards.

The Varizone is ADJUSTABLE throughout all ranges. it may not have distance ticks for every 10yard increments for 0-140yards... but with some tweaking, and raising the scope a bit, and you can sight in a phoenix for 140yards.

I'm assuming this bow CAN shoot up to 140yards.... but it takes some time, and some unconventional sighting in procedures. And once it is sighted in.... Their definition of accurate may be way different than ours.

Personally I would consider this bow a fold up version of the Phoenix
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Woody Williams wrote:Forget the crossbow I want to know about sights.

after looking at the post again...

I bet the spirit level system is some sort of scope lift
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Rage_A_Holic wrote: think what they are trying to get to, is that it CAN accurately shoot up to 130meters (142Yards)..... but what is accurately? a 3" group? a 5" group? a 7" group? a 12" group?
Since it is a "survival" weapon, probably a man sized group.. ;)
Woody Williams

Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

I know Gunter, the crossbow maker, he is an engineer. It produce also a wonderful adjustable mount only for excal bows. It is fine shooter, he won a lot of competitions:
This is some Gunter shoots during a competition (3 shoots from 88 yards, 3 from 100 yards and 3 from 104 yards distance):

I never tried his bows before, but I think that a so good mind and a so good shooter must makes very strong and accurate bows.
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

OOOH OOOOOH
I get to use information from my fallacious arguments class for the first time ever in a real situation.
Matthias72 wrote:I know Gunter, the crossbow maker, he is an engineer. It produce also a wonderful adjustable mount only for excal bows. It is fine shooter, he won a lot of competitions:
This is some Gunter shoots during a competition (3 shoots from 88 yards, 3 from 100 yards and 3 from 104 yards distance):

I never tried his bows before, but I think that a so good mind and a so good shooter must makes very strong and accurate bows.
With your statement, you have created a "Straw Man" Fallacy. Stating that Gunther is a good shot; doesn't deem THIS bow accurate regardless if he invented it or not.

The Straw Man Fallacy

Although I am sure he is a great shot (as your picture proves) that is irrelevant to the accuracy of the bow in question; unless he shot the bow in question in the picture you have presented.

Sorry.. I am procrastinating writing an essay on this exact topic.... to see it come up here.. I figured I had to chime in.

Although to agree with you..... Gunther sounds like a good guy.... and I know Excalibur is a great company.... if they teamed up... I would expect a VERY awesome bow.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here's the exact translation from Altavista's Babel Fish translator. The translations are often so garbled by the computer's literalism that much is lost, which is why I paraphrased it. Of course, my own effort may have been faulty, too. I'm sure I missed some things, and I know I didn't understand some of it.

The text about the sighting system is:

"This arm chest can meet 130 m surely with our sights, spirit level and bipod with select arrow as well as zero wind a distant football and is steplessly adjustable also in the entire distance range."

I didn't know what to make out of "... as well as zero wind a distant football," so I left it out!

Don't take anything I offered to the bank ... I was just piddling around. You can't fully trust Babel Fish translations, either. Just type something in English, translate it to another language and retranslate ... and you'll see what I mean.

They do seem to indicate that the rig is 130 m capable, though ... don't they?

Anyone on the forum conversant in German?

SURVIVAL: This EXCALIBUR/WOLF TIME hybrid is singular! From the fusion of the proven original system with our patentrechtlich protected innovations the most versatile well-known arm chest resulted. It cannot only keep up everywhere with sport and hunt (laws to consider), but exceeds even in some points every other standard model. SURVIVAL Also without tool the arm chest can be converted in 2 minutes by the firingready into the transport-friendly condition. With appropriate care the firing precision is not impaired by frequent change. Arm chest with zuggewicht and firing energy such as PHOENIX, but by variable attitude of the reaching more comfortably into the notice and better in the departure behavior (thus substantially contactor error reduced), as well as very reliably and maintenance-poor (with enclosed absorption accessories). This arm chest can meet 130 m surely with our sights, spirit level and bipod with select arrow as well as zero wind a distant football and is steplessly adjustable also in the entire distance range. The completely black version is one on 3 pieces limited extra charge (distribution in order of the order entrance, the supply is enough only so long shortly)! Arrow speed with long-term guarantee: 93 m/s (EXCALIBUR Carbonpfeil 22.7 g) departure weight: approx.. 12.8 N (corresponds 1.3 kg) length/width: 99/91 cm (transport 74/24 cm) total mass without accessories: approx.. 4 kg
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm just going over it now... From what I can tell Grizz's translation is pretty accurate.

The adustable "length of pull" is actually: the grips (see the photo) are adjustable to make for a better fit/comfort when mounting (to shoulder) and better ability to fire/pull trigger leading to greater accuracy....

(Germans are masters of run-on sentences! LOL)

...as well as very reliable and low-maintenance (with provided dampers/absorbers).

This crossbow used with our scope, level, and bipod with a chosen (particular?) arrow, and a lack of wind, can hit a soccer ball at 130 meters and can be adjusted for the whole length/distance.

The completely black version is one of 3 limited special editions (selling to "first come first served" as long as the supply lasts).