New to Forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fred

New to Forum

Post by Fred »

What a nightmare our new fast computer service can make life interesting trying to get on some of these sights but I finally got here
I will probably be asking some really dumb questions from time to time.
As a matter of fact here goes the first one just how good of shape you got be to yank back one of those 175 # bows? I have some shoulder problems but can still swing the wood splitting Maul just can't do it all day All the best Fred
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome Fred!
The trick to cocking an Excalibur is the rope cocking aid. Reduces pull by 50% & keeps the string centered. :wink:
wabi
hawg hunter

wecome Fred

Post by hawg hunter »

Wecome. This is the forum to come to for the RIGHT INFORMATION on crossbows. read and listen to your questions answers and you will learn and proably save a few head aches and money. These people will help you no matter what you shoot. Welcome again.
Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

Welcome Fred,

I'm kind of a newbie to this forum and to crossbowing myself.

As wabi rightly stated, the rope cocking aid does the trick. I have some shoulder and neck problems myself, but after my Phoenix arrived and I had shot it a few times (cocking it with the rope aid) I thought "what the heck, why haven't I bought an Exocet?".

Easy answer: with the rope cocking aid I can easily fire 30 - 40 shots without getting sore muscles. More load would wear me down. And the Phoenix has got an uncredible punch compared to the compound I was shooting before above stated problems forced me to put it on the wall together with lots of other memories of youth gone by.

And regarding dumb questions: You will have a hard time finding a forum with so many experienced people willing to share their knowledge without the all-too-well-known-sneer towards the young or unexperienced.

Happy hunting

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
TruGlo Tru Brite 1.5-5x32mm Illuminated
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Tricks 100 Grain 1 1/8
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

Welcome aboard :D
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Big John

fred

Post by Big John »

Welcome aboard Fred. :)
We're here for ya. No dumb questions exist, however dumb things "can" happen to people who don't ask.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

welcome Fred dont worry no question is dumb .Ive only been on here since last fall and the people on here are great ps it will take you a while to get by me in the dumb ques race :)
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Fred,

Wlecome to the forum. You couldn't have picked a better forum. Everyone here is terrific, The knowldege base you have accesto by posting here is increadible.

HH
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

welcome Fred. Probably 70% of questions here are dumb ones (yours truely included) but 99% of the answers here are awesome. I like those odds, but then again 63% of all statistics are made up.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Welcome to the forum Fred, you can use the rope cocker and cut the pull down 50 %, the crankaroo will reduce it enough so about any disabled person can use one.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Welcome aboard! Pulling back the xbow for a second shot at that big buck if needed is a piece of cake. The adrenaline takes care of it. It did for me for the buck pictured in my avatar. But any other time I would recomend the rope cocker.
Why ride when you can walk!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Fred I also suggest the rope cocker . . .makes life easy. I have the 225# Exomax and it's a breeze.

As for stupid questions . . .I suggest using the search icon at the top of this page. Most stupid questions have been asked at least a hundred times and you can find the answer before you ask it.

Welcome.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
diesel

Post by diesel »

Glad to hear form you Fred. :D
A.W

Post by A.W »

Welcome Fred.

No such thing as a dumb question. Just means you don't know and are willing to learn.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Welcome Fred,
I have asked many stupid questions on here, and everyone has been very helpful towards me, so you have nothing to worry about. The search tool is really useful too.
Regards ChappyBoss