Strings by BOO

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My custom string from Boo puts a 435 grain arrow through the chrony 316 FPS @ 10 yrds.
That should be enough to get the job done. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Another update . . .I have now recorded 200 shots on Boo's serving. I'm in the "should I replace the serving mode". I believe the serving could take several more shots, but, that string is far too nice to risk damaging it. I'm still hitting a one inch bulleyes at 30 yards consistantly, so the serving is still accurate. It's the teeth marks from the Exomax's trigger latches that are causing the most damage. The serving itself is still very tight. What do you guys think . . .replace or keep shooting?

Here is a picture after 200 shots . . .

I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

Shoot till the serving has served it's purpose. See how many shots you get.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Your getting close, but it looks like there is still some life left in it. You don't wax? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.. It looks to me like some wax would tame down those loose hairs and buy more time..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TYE

Post by TYE »

I shoot Boo strings and love them!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Wow...that looks like a nice string. I am looking forward to more pictures after more shots.

By the way, I love the colours. Would look a bit patriotic on my crossbow :wink:
Sako

Post by Sako »

I have just purchased two of these strings due to all the good press they have been getting here.... I can not wait to get them....

Thank for all the info about these......
Like Mr. Nugent says... You can't grill it till you kill it.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm probably just under 300 shots with this Boo string and the serving is still lookin' pretty decent.

Shots alright :) Bought a new target today and been wizzin away at it a bit tonight.

lisa

Post by lisa »

here is what i do to extend the life of my servings on my exocet 200 with
very good sucess:

i twist the string after every 40 shots one or two times so that the
serving is grabbed by the crossbows claw on an other side of the serving.
(that´s the time for me to wax too)

try it out, you can at least duplicate the life of your serving.

lisa
lisa

Post by lisa »

just seen that boo already stated this...

lisa
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sadly, I must report the end of this thread . . .thy serving broke. I got an incredible 267 shots, no wax, and only the twisting required to keep the brace height correct. I'd say 95% of my shots hit a one inch bullseye at 30 yards(no sand bag), until the last 30 shots(or so). They started moving to the left of target. By the time the serving broke, I was hitting 1.5" to the left of my intended bullseye. I was thinking maybe my scope was off. Not the case, I put on a new string and started hitting dead-on again. I was really surprised. :shock: I would have never guessed the worn serving would cause the miss to the left or right. Makes sense that as the serving material gets loose, the bolt could slide upon launch, left or right. No doubt, with the proper turning and waxing you can probably get another 100 shots. As you can see in the picture, the serving remained tight at the ends . . .the middle got chewed up.

I do not like the wax because of the wax build up. I've been using a silicone product . . .however, this past Saturday I found a Teflon product at my local bicycle shop. It's made by Finishline as a dry lube for bicycle chains. They also make a ceramic product I'm going to try.

Anyway, here is the picture of the serving. The string itself looks fine. The very best part of Boo strings is they come with the experienced staff and excellent service department at Boo's. :) Seriously, Don is a great guy and I feel fortunate to know him.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

Yes! I noticed the same thing: when the serving is damaged the arrow group became bigger more than 200%. As you told, that is normal: the contact between arrow and string is trough the serving.
A regular contact is very important.

Regards

Matthias
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i cant wait to try one of his strings.. im still waiting for archery to get closer though since ill just shoot the strings and bolts to death.. To many hobby's to do LOL

I wont start blasting away untill august with gives me a good 2months of practice :lol: 8)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer . . .I got a little different strategy. I'm planning on shooting the crap out of the bow during June and July. I've found that there is a 150+/- shot window where the bow shoots just awesome. That time frame is after you break in a new string till the serving starts to wear. In late August/mid September, I want to enter that cycle, then go into "hunting mode". I would actually like to have at least two strings in that "zone" before the season starts, just in case I break a string in a fluke mishap. During the actual hunting season, I'll shoot less than any other time of the year. Three or four shots a day not counting the shots at game.

You need to order your Boo string now . . .they may be on back order by August. :) Actually, the testing of the new string material should be done in less than 30 days. You might want to hear the results before ordering. You can not go wrong with a Boo string.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Remember what I said Scott? Your power's of observation is just great! BTW, I waxed you're Excel string with pure bee's wax. Let us all know what happens. Try to count the number of strands on the tag ends. Matthias has discovered that I've only used 32 strands in the Excel string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes