O/T Law Enforcement, what do you think about drugs?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LV2HNT

O/T Law Enforcement, what do you think about drugs?

Post by LV2HNT »

I was surfing the net on Friday when I came across a pretty heated discussion about the use of marijuana. Apparently April 20th is like a national holiday for pot smokers which is what started the discusion. They were going back and forth with some anti drug people about the pros and cons of using. One of the people posted this link for an article about an organization started by law enforcment personell with the intent of abolishing drug laws. I know there are a lot of law enforcement personell on this site so I am wondering what you guys think? I hope you don't mind commenting or the fact that this has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243813,00.html
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Funny...
When deer hunting I always seem to find it in growing in the corn fields (lots, I mean lots). What do you think I should do?? Those years are long past me :wink: And no I'm not telling exactly where I hunt.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
A.W

Post by A.W »

I have an older friend who uses weed once in a while to help her when her M.S gets too bad.

I tried it and "did inhale" but it did nothing for me. I'd rather have a scotch.

As far as this drug goes I think they should go after the growers not the users or the person that has a plant growing in their window.

There are a lot more harmful drugs out there and it's these dealers that they should spend more time going after.

Some people get too paranoid about people using weed.

Just my .02cents.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Anything in excess is not good for your body. This even includes water and Oreos :lol: . Drinking a large amount of water in a short period of time will kill you and it happened recently in a radio station's contest. However, drugs are addictive in nature and thus pose a special risk. I refuse to believe there is such a thing as a recreational drug. I'm also pissed that tabacco companies used addictive ingredients to hook their customers.

I'm all for freedom. To a point it's OK with me for anyone to abuse themselves as long as they are not interferring with my freedom. Where abuse becomes a issue is when the abusive folks have to seek medical help and are dependent on my tax dollars(government funding) to get them back to normal. Another big problem is endangering the lives of others via driving or operating heavy equipment while on drugs.

I guess we have something in common with the drug users. They are against drug control and we are against gun control. Maybe we should join their push for less government. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I too find lots of pot when steaking out hunting areas. I go to a school that is known as "the pharmacy" and i have witnessed first hand what abuse of it can do to someones life in the matter of three years.

That does not mean im against it. Just means that abuse of it can lead to bad things. About the stuff i find, the grows are normally pretty small and dont look to be producing very much.

I was talking to a police officer about this and he told me that the field grown pot is very low in THC which is the main part of the drug that gets the user "high". He said that pot grown in a house or pot that is looked after well will have up to 50% more THC then that grown in a field will.

So i look at it this way, if someone feels the need to grow some and use it theirselves i have no problem, as long as its not on my property!
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Last edited by Long Trang on Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

As a young man back in the early 70's I tried some grass and hash. It did nothing for me , I much preferd some LABATT'S blue or some J.D.
I was into sports and didn't think that any drug would make me a better pitcher, but a few beers with friends and some hot chicks ,now that was great ! . I enjoy the outdoors and being in control of my sences , I would never think of going into the bush while under any mind or mood altering substance, Laws were made for a reason , and weather you suport them or not they are still the law !! to many children die every day over this stuff , and that is the real crime GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

My son is a recovering cocaine addict-a year ago it was so out of control he nearly took his own life-Thank God we found out about ''TeenChallenge'' and got him into the program-the change in his life is unbelieveable.
Now-back to the legal issue.The more I deal with this[ we are foster parents]-the more I think it should be viewed as a health issue-not a legal issue.We will no more stamp out drugs than we stamped out alcohal by prohibition.Education is the only way we will reduce the demand as long as there is a demand for any commodity-there will be a supplier for it.It costs almost $100,000 a year to incarcerate somebody-that money would be far better spent educating people that doing any drugs is a bad thing.The anti smoking education has reduced the number of smokers ,and by removing drugs from the criminal code drugs, we will take much of the profit out of it as well as reduce the demand

The only area the law should get involved is the importers-and that we should hit as hard as we can-somebody facing 20 years in jail and the loss of all their assets might think twice about bringing it in
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

We live in a society filled with "drinkers" who think we should do something about "druggies."

As ever, the pot calls the kettle black.

Human nature ... a constant in a changing world.
Grizz
rutman

Post by rutman »

I am a drinker who doesn't care who smokes pot and it's derivatives. I know some older people near 80 who use it for better sleep and others who use it to loose some inhibitions in the sack. I also know a guy with a card for health reasons and another who uses it for his MS. It's not that bad but the chemical crap should be reported. Just my oppinion!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

enormous wrote:Funny...
When deer hunting I always seem to find it in growing in the corn fields (lots, I mean lots). What do you think I should do?? Those years are long past me :wink: And no I'm not telling exactly where I hunt.
Norm
you send me a pm! :lol: :lol: :lol: ive only found plants once while hunting and i dealt with.

theres so many people that smoke pot that it might as well be legalized. on construction sites its hard to find someone that doesnt smoke weed. id even go as far as saying that theres mor epeople 18-25 that smoke pot than cigarettes.

if you ask me, pot is alot less dangerous than drinking.

-drunks always want to fight, someone thats high wants to chill on the couch.

-drunks are difficult to deal with, people that are high tend to listen better and go with the flow.

-both cost too much $$$

-too much booze = puke and hangover. too much weed = puke and no hangover :lol:
rutman

Post by rutman »

Drinking is only a problem if you make it one! A few nectars are good for you. :wink:
Last edited by rutman on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rutman
paradox
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

deleted
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
rutman

Post by rutman »

Don't over react now, I got that off a plaque, a plate and t shirts and even some ashtrays. You do what you like same as the pot boy's. I'm not a dictator!, most of my closest friends are drinkers and as another saying goes, birds of a feather.
rutman
paradox
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

No overreation, Rutman ... I just wanted to know if you believe that!

Like I said, I was asking with all goodwill. :D
Grizz