Productive Saturday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Productive Saturday

Post by Doe Master »

Got out to the spot EARLY, for on wednesday ended up walking under the birds which didn`t give a warm fuzzy feeling . Anyways we got in past them I set up in the small reforestration and dad in the hardwoods at about 6:15 the one bird cranked behind and to the left about 40-50 yards.(Just try not to jump when you don`t know he is there).About 6:20 had a hen wander around me for about 5-10 minutes clucking with him going crazy gobbling setting off the other bird about 100yards away .Then the fun started when the two birds dropped they didn`t know which hen to go to,with dad calling ,me calling and the real ones between me and dad .Fortunate for us ,unfortunate for them for the two birds made the wrong choice wearing angry swarms of #5`s .Here is a picture of the happy hunters as I get older I`m really enjoying these moments .
Okay I`m going to post the short video of a hen at about 15 yards.
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o124 ... ng2007.flv
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

That was a cool video. What were you using for a camcorder? That tom sounded real close, bet you were pumped up! Congrats.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I use a canon zr300 which can take stills while taping .And yes he was close ,TOO CLOSE for my comfort . Unfortunately shooters is closed sundays or I would have been out this morning .But maybe I shouldn`t take one yet for I have vacation booked next week.I`ll try and get more video then ,this video thing can be just as addictive as shooting .One of the girls from work wants to go out this year for the first time .Told her no guarantees to shoot ,just she will hear a gobble or two.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's on your double ! ... cool story , picture and video !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
saxman

Post by saxman »

Nice birds and story.Congrats :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congratulations to you both. Sure is exciting to have them so close!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Yes it is great to double .I know it sounds old but I still remember dad`s first bird .I had a chance at a bird but I held off so dad could get his first bird .He was so excited he thought he could carry his bird from the half concession,he made about 200yds. then realized it was getting heavier so he succumbed and put it in his vest .At 60 some he was giddy as a teenager for prom ,it reminded me when I got my first deer.I was so excited I couldn`t even operate the knife safe enough to field dress it .
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Congrats, nice birds.
Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

nice birds congrats.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like you and your dad have a happy look on your faces. :D
wabi
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!!
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
bbbwb

Productive Saturday

Post by bbbwb »

Doe Master and Dad
Congratulations to both of you. I am one of those 60 plus and I was giddy after I shot my tom the other morning. There is something about being successful on such an outing. It sure gets the adrenalin flowing. I don't know if the medical profession considers such an achievement provides cardiovascular stimulaton in the same way as jogging or not.
Good luck on number 2 toms.

bbbwb