First weekend of Turkey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

First weekend of Turkey

Post by Big John »

Went out Saturday, "all Day", in the Rain :( :(
But stayed the course anyway. Called in a few Hen's, some in to 15 yds. But only got one Jake to give me a look around Twelve noon. But he would'nt come out far enough to play. :evil: Wen't out this morning again and pulled a good one on myself. :oops: I was in a hurry to get out there because I was a little behind in time. Got out there around 5:45.am. Anyhow, I got everything in place and went to put out the decoy's and noticed I forgot them in the truck, 10 min. walk back! :oops: :evil:
As I'm leaving to go back, I bust the Turkey's out of the tree's near my blind. :oops: :evil: Get back to the truck and, no decoy's. :?: Now I'm sweating and very ######! Walk all the way back and there is my decoy's beside the blind! :oops: Anyhow I called until I couldn't take the Sun and Heat anymore, Heard a couple of Gobblers, but couldn't get them to come my way. Anyhow there was lots of Deer, Geese, Blackbirds, Frog's, and Bugs. A good weekend to be out in the Bush and Farm. Bring the Super Mag 12 ga. Weekdays and Sat. And the Exomax on Sunday's.
Good Luck everyone! That's why it's called Hunting, not Shooting. :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
MADMAX2

Turkey weekend

Post by MADMAX2 »

Got in the bush at 5:45am sat, stopped to set up my decoys,heard a putt and a cluck above looked up and was right in the middle of them four or five flew away but a hen stayed and I was set up directly under her, as daylight came I watched her stretch and preen,then she started yelping,and the woods came alive.She flew down and then the boys came in to greet her,I started some light purrs,two toms came in to 60 yards gobbling, then me and her got into it and she took them away I should have stayed ,but it started raining.On sunday am me and a friend went out with our exocets set up on the edge of a forest and a corn field and it was a quiet morning till I fired up my glass slate and I brought in a lone hen with a tom trailing her she came right in to are set up but he held at around 50 yrds I could hear him drumming but I couldn't get a shot I did some aggresive calling,but he would not move then, I pulled out my gobble call and let him have it ,he came right out of strutt and ran off, but the hen stayed for a half hour and would not leave talk about numb but,I didn't want her to spook incase he came back,but after she walked off feeding we never seen him for the rest of the morning.No birds down but some great memories,and I never get used to the rush of calling in these wild amazing birds.Good luck to all,and congrats to all who have harvested allready!!