Is it true?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rutman

Is it true?

Post by rutman »

I recently heard that muzzleloader hunters can carry more than one gun while hunting. I can't believe that that would be legal but if it is than they should be clased the same as modern firearm. More than one bullet available and a capable 200 yard gun.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I read that it's legal to carry a rifle for deer and have a shotgun on you to shoot partridge, as long as both seasons are open and it's both firearms. Can't be one bow and one gun.

I don't know if I read wrong or not, but meh.
xeon

Post by xeon »

2 firearms per pal.
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

I spent $900.00Can. On my T.C pro hunter,without scope.
I'm not going to spend that kind of money again just for a second shot.
Dan.
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I don't know if it's legal or not but I would hardly classify carrying two muzzle loaders as a "modern fire-arm". In Ontario the rules classify fire-arms into muzzle loader and breach loader not primative and modern (I know this is done in some states). There are many single shot breach loaders out there and they are are only legal during rifle season. I know there are muzzle loaders out there with two side by side rifled barrels and they are perfectly legal for hunting during muzzle loader season.
As for Tye's comment, I've got both bases covered with my Savage Model 24. It's got a 30/30 over 20ga. barrel combination. I carry a 30/30 cartridge in the top barrel and 7/8 oz. of 7 1/2 shot in the bottom barrel while walking. If I sit at a stand I pull the shot cartridge and replace it with a slug as a back-up shot. I've put a number of grouse in the supper pot with that gun.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
xeon

Post by xeon »

Decoy Dan wrote:I spent $900.00Can. On my T.C pro hunter,without scope.
I'm not going to spend that kind of money again just for a second shot.
Dan.
Agreed but I would like to get a double barreld muzzleloader for those ''wound'' shots so I could finish a deer off asap.

PS: How are the Pro Hunters, I've seen the commercials about a million times so I figure they must be half decent if they can afford the advertising correct?
Fox

Post by Fox »

In Ontario you can carry as many guns as you want. I do think there is something written about hunting migratory birds though. Also there was an update to the regs so that you cannot bring a gun while bow hunting for big game but I am not sure of the wording. Remember though that you have to legally be in control of the loaded gun at all times, if you set it up against a tree while you take a piss make sure you unload it to be sure you will not get nailed by a CO.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Dixie gun works used to carry a double muzzleloading rifle in 50 cal.
It was over and under and the barrel rotated.
I went to the site,they have a catagory for double rifle but no products in it.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
TYE

Post by TYE »

TPM wrote:
As for Tye's comment, I've got both bases covered with my Savage Model 24. It's got a 30/30 over 20ga. barrel combination. I carry a 30/30 cartridge in the top barrel and 7/8 oz. of 7 1/2 shot in the bottom barrel while walking. If I sit at a stand I pull the shot cartridge and replace it with a slug as a back-up shot. I've put a number of grouse in the supper pot with that gun.
I have thought about getting one of those... but i dunno..