Got a gobbler

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

Got a gobbler

Post by catcher »

Pulled the trigger this morning. It is by far the biggest turkey for me ever. When I got home I weighed him on my digital fish scale and it read 25 lbs and 14 ounces. I could not beleive it. So I took it to our local hunting shop and they are running a biggest turkey competition. when I weighed him at my house it was 8:15 and by the time I got to the hunting store it was 11:45 and he was 24pounds and 8 ounces. He also had an eleven inch beard and one inch spurs. I took a picture of him on the scale with the weight showing but I still have no idea on how to post pictures on the forum yet. I am not sure if you ad the pictures first then type or do you type then ad pictures. When I get it figured out I will post some pics.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats on the bird and welcome to the forum. Upload your photo to www.photobucket.com
then under the picture copy the image code,should be the bottom one then paste that code into your post and there you have it or e mail it to me
[email protected] and I will post it for you.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
rutman

Post by rutman »

Congrats! We have more in common than you know. I just missed a gobbler yesterday with the xbow so i switched to the gun for my first. This morning three gobs and two hens hit the field. The one lone gob was near me and my soft closed bolt on my baretta caused the laudest click in the bush. He didn't catch on since I was in a tent blind, so when he was fanning I reloaded and eventually slammed the bolt closed. Anyway, the shot presented itself and down he went and back up he come, the race was on, zippered the tent and tore out like a kid on his birthday. A hundred or so yrds later i got to shoot again and it was over. He weighed 25.2 with 11" beard and 7/8 spurs, heaviest bird I ever got the next best was my first at 24.6. Way to go on that bird, isn't it awesome huntin these things, I thought it would be like pheasants or geese. NOT! :D
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
catcher

Post by catcher »

thanks Saxman I will email them to you on Friday.
Catcher.
saxman

Post by saxman »

You got it brother. :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bbbwb

Got a Gobler

Post by bbbwb »

Hey, you guys are in the big leagues with success like that. I posted my success -- Strutting Tom Bites the Dust, however I do not come near your takes. CONGRATULATIONS are certainly the order of the day for both of you. Thanks foir sharing your experiences, keep them coming. Wish you every success in Tom number 2

bbbwb
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

congrats to both of you :D :D
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeeeeet ! ... Comgrats guys ! ... sounds like some beauty brids !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
wabi
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

congrats
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
crowe

congrats

Post by crowe »

Hey guys congrats to you and rutman......this has been an awsome season . I got a nice bird on opening day and now I'm switched over to my exomax.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!!alot of big birds taken so far this year in Ontario,they must be eating well :?:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!!
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
taxman

Post by taxman »

congrats--those are heavy birds.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep ... they are heavy brids for sure ! ... congrat's ! ... many birds in the 17 to 21 lb range harvested in our area ..
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "