Foodplots(anyone elses up?)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Foodplots(anyone elses up?)

Post by crazyfarmer »

mine are up and green 8) I planted some a little to thick, but I wanted something green to eat and plus thicker keeps weeds out anyway. Il lpost some pics later, but one little 1/4th acre plot which is at the middle of a 1/2mile logging road on the edge of a 6 year old cutover and bottom edge is gonna be a magnet;) Its the only green food source for 1/2th a mile;)

I planted mostly cover, chicory, and a bad of monstor mix from tecomate 8)
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

the wheat i planted last fall is knee high & heading out it will be ready to harvest in late june , then i will run a disk over it then it should replant it self if we get moisture it will start growing again & by october will really look good , but the first freeze will kill it, it is winter wheat but if it grows enough for it to joint a freeze will kill it.

h.j
they say he is still up there.
wabi

Post by wabi »

We're way behind on rainfall this year. It's so dry the food plot will have to have some moisture before it will disc up. Plowed it a week ago, but it's too hard & dry to disc right now.
wabi
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Our clover is up of course but feeling the pain of the lack of rain. Like wabi, our shooting plots are just waiting for some moisture so we can disc and plant.