ticks, ticks, ticks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i dont wear any bug spray when deer hunting.. cant risk spooking deer and this comes from someone that thought he had gotten lyme disease also LOL.

rubber boots are a must! Ticks dont like climbing up them! I wear that under armor stuff and if you tuck that in under your plain hunting clothes then ticks cant get under it and on your skin. But that along with the rubber boots usually keep all ticks off me during the hot months. I got that tick on me which I thought gave me lyme from riding the buck on the 4wheeler out of the woods. I even showered but he had already latched on the bottom of my arm in a place I couldnt see. I normally can feel them when they bite, but didnt find this one untill about 10 hours later. I still think I have the after effects of lyme since I give out way to easy now and get common colds more than usuall
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Snug fitting clothes. I have picked hundreds off me where I used to live in Nova Scotia. Most times you feel them crawling before they find a place to bite. Never really paid too much attention to them, just peeled down every hour or two, to check (got pretty fast at it when the black flies were thick) and that's it. I heard bug spray does help.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

oh and like said above, find a spray that has ALOT of DEET.. some only has about 2%-6% in them which are for kids. You want 20%. I bought some off from walmart which was 40% and I believe they had some that was 60% Deet. I always coat myself during spring turkey season since turkeys cant smell :lol:
Last edited by crazyfarmer on Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i read a article on a guy tha takes vitimin b-1 he said he never gets ticks or mosquitos bites,,,,,,,,i have used avon skin oh so soft , it worked pretty good. i got careless last time out. picked up 3 of those guys but have them healing.

have a nice day h.j.
they say he is still up there.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

crazyfarmer wrote:oh and like said above, find a spray that has ALOT of DEET.. some only has about 2%-6% in them which are for kids. You want 20%. I bought some off from walmart which was 40% and I believe they had some that was 60% Deet. I always coat myself during spring turkey season since turkeys cant smell :lol:
I've got a little bottle of Deep Woods I've had for years. It is 95% Deet.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Chris, I just went and looked and thats what i have.. 95% as you said! Definitly keeps the ticks and everything off! I wouldnt even think of using it during deer season lol..Very strong smell
John Wade

Tick Cure

Post by John Wade »

My dad had a method he used on us. It was called, "Tick Me Off" If we did he beat the bugs off of us.
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

bstout,,,,,we dont have any rattlers in n.e. ks. copperheads, but when i go turkey hunting in s.e.ks timber rattlers,,scorpions,, tranchelers ( cant spell) need to wear high boots, alse chiggers & ticks,,,,,,,,

have goodin h.j.
they say he is still up there.
A.W

Post by A.W »

What ticks on a wall?.........................Ticky paper. :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
DJH

Post by DJH »

I must confess that one of the neatest things about this site is watching the launch of a serious subject and then seeing how it sprials down into the proverbial crapper. Can't say as I would know what I would do without the creative genious of all the kids on the Ex-site.

Ah - What the heck! Here's another one:

WHERE DO PETS COME FROM?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well"

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased .

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a damn one way or the other.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

here is a link that may help you with ticks...Infact i know it will..Ive used it and it works...

http://www.rynoskin.com/test.htm
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!