Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUSHDOG

Broadheads

Post by BUSHDOG »

hi folks was looking for some opinions on weights ive only used 100 grain wasps and muzzys but would like some feedback on 125s before i buy any suggestions? thanks
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I use 125 broadheads. I don't hunt deer and I want the extra weight for better penetration on larger game. The sacrifice in trajectory is not that bad for my purposes. For deer it's not necessary to use more weight. You'll get pass throughs anyway, I expect, with 100 grain broad heads if you are using them on deer.

What game are you planning to hunt?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

any 100gr will do the trick just fine, espically on deer. Now bigger game like said above you might want 125's

I use 100's mainly for speed and the hole they make is more than enough to bring something down

125's will slow the bolt some but it does give you more knock down power. Or you could use a 100gr head and a heavier bolt for almost the same effect.

I always loved my 100gr muzzy's on my compound. For my xbow I went to slick trick 100gr heads since the flew better for me. I was worried since they only had a 1inch cutting blade but that 1inch hole was unreal on the deer I took this year. Looked like a slug hit it!
Camper

Post by Camper »

I used 100's for about 5 years and have switched to 125's, I feel that my bow shoots better and is a little quieter.
This may be all in my head but I am more little more confident using the 125gr broadhead. I really don't see a significant difference in trajectory up to 40 yards which I am not shooting at game further then that anyways.

in short 100grains work just fine, 125's hit a tad harder with minimal speed loss and trajectory.
Time and Patience the best advice my Grandfather gave me.

Camper