Graphite on rail?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Preda8or

Graphite on rail?

Post by Preda8or »

Has anyone ever tried dry graphite on there rail?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I've just started using this finishline product with a Teflon base. I also like to keep my rail dry and clean. This product does a good job. I also use it on the bolts. Not sure if it helps with speed, but it makes it easier to pull the bolts out of The Block . . .penetration seems a little better too.

http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/t ... s-lube.htm

I have not used it long enough to give a solid opinion yet, just initial thoughts. I also tried the ceramic lube . . .however, it leaves a thin film, it's slicker and doesn't seem to have any dirt build-up, but I just like a clean/dry rail.

One thing for sure . . .wash your hands before grabbing the stock . . .you do not want this stuff on your stock.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Esox

Post by Esox »

I was using a teflon tape for a while, but it wasn't holding up well. Then on a tip from GREYWOLF, for 6 months now I've had a teflon coating bonded to my Exomax rail and it seems to keep things really slick.... It's tough stuff too... Strong enough to be applied to surgical equipment and saw blades... Donwell Industries applies the stuff.... Great people to work with.... I did it to my Ten-point too....and I'd do it as a SOP for getting the most from a x-bow....
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I wrap the server with natural sinu, it saves the ware and tear on it.