bad news and prayer request

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

bad news and prayer request

Post by wabi »

I've been scarce on the forum lately because my mother has been much worse in recent weeks. She had gone through a lot in her life and defeated breast cancer among many other conditions and illnesses along the way. The natural aging process finally did it's work, though. She was able to live indepenadanty until about 6 months ago, but finally got to the age and physical condition where it was getting risky to let her continue to live at home alone and unassisted even though I live next door. My sister is a retired RN, so she moved in with mom to assist her. In the past few months I have watched mom decline from a frail old independant woman to an almost "vegetabalistic" state the past couple of weeks. She has been bedridden for a few weeks now, and so mentally detatched she had trouble recognizing even her own children in the last few days. A condition she had always feared and hoped to avoid, but the natural end to a long life.
Yesterday norning (May 24th) at about 1:20AM she drew her last breath on this earth. She was 94 years, 4 months, and 12 days old.
She lived a long life, and spent much of it helping others. She was a retired school teacher, and the oldest member in her church. She had a strong faith in God and I believe she will be graciously received into God's kingdom.
She was a great mother, and though I write this with tears running down my cheeks and a heavier heart than I have ever experienced in my life, I am thankful she was able to enjoy life for as many years as she did.
I know many of you, if only through your acts of kindness on this forum, are believers in an order of life on this earth established by a Great Creator, known as God by most. I ask for your prayers that her spirit be cared for and granted peace and eternal happiness.
I accept the fact that we all are here only temporarily, and her death is only the natural end to life. I will keep the memory of her love for me, and all the wisdom of her teachings with me for the remainder of my days on earth, and will do my best to pass her values of kindness and love on to my children. It is the cycle of life on this earth we must all go through, and I believe if we try to live with those values we admire (love, understanding, acceptance, peace, ans so on) we will be rewarded when our spirit passes from this earthly existance.
I will probably be absent from this media of the internet for some time, as there is much to do to attend to the earthly matters scociety sometimes burdens us with upon the passing of a loved one close to us. I am unsure what the near future holds for me at this moment, but I know I will have to make many changes and adaptations to my lifestyle. There are many "loose ends" to tie up, and I may move into her house (which my father built in 1949) where I have many fond memories. Actually it is a small house by today's standards (2-bedroom, single bath), but would be well suited to my small family today since My wife and I have only one young son (soon to be 7 years old) at home now. If I decide to make the move, I'm sure I'll be scarce here as there will be plenty of adjustments and small changes to make.
So, let me thank all of you for the king words, thoughts, and prayers in advance!
Thank you!!!!!!!!
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

My condolences Wabi, to you and your family. Sounds like she was a great lady and a mother. It's hard saying goodbye, but she's in good hands now.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Please except my condolences, Mike. Moms are impossible to replace.

Regards
Joe
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

wabi, I'm am truely sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother. She sounds like she was a great mother and a great inspiration to you. From what you have writen I believe her spirit is with the Lord now. You and your family are in my prayers Brother.
God Bless
Normous

Post by Normous »

Deepest sympathy and prayers too.
May your family be strong.
94 years-an incredible span of life.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Wabi,

I am sorry for your lossand will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
A.W

Post by A.W »

My condolences to you and yours Wabi.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Good luck to you Wabi getting through this difficult time.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

we are so sorry for your loss.

h.j. & family
they say he is still up there.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Wabi,your mom sounded like a wonderful woman and I know she is with her father now.
Let go and let God guide you through these times,The Johnson's will pray for you.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

No matter how bad things were near the end, we can't help but also think of happier and better times, and that's when it really hurts.

We feel for you, friend.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I am so sorry for the lost of your mother. But you are right she is in a much better place than this old earth. She is where there is no pain, no
wants of any kind , and I am sure she is happy with our Father. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. My prayers are with you.

Eddie
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
rutman

Post by rutman »

My Condolances! Very sorry!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Digger

Post by Digger »

My condolences Mike, to you and your family on the loss of your mother. I went thru a lot of the same things when I lost mother a few years ago.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sorry to hear the news ... My condolences Mike ... 94 years is a good stretch ... many fond memories I'm sure ... Best wishes to you and your family at this time of loss ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "