coyotes???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dert

coyotes???

Post by Dert »

A couple of years ago they reintroduced these things around here to supposely help with the coon population ( me personaly I think it is a goverment plot of some sort :wink: ) , I have killed a couple but that is not enough , I would like to try and put a bigger dent in there population ( good luck with that ) , so I'm looking for any tips/advise on baiting/calling them in close enough to shoot ( preferably with my x-bow ) . Any help would be appreciated [/list]
Last edited by Dert on Mon May 28, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There are forums dedicated to the pursuit of coyotes, there are also some good videos out there too. I have a video called "The Verminators" hard core predator hunting (with a bow). If you can find a copy go for it..
The electronic calls seem to work best, but can be a bit pricey.. There are home made versions too, but I have been unable to collect all the parts since Radio Shack changed gears with their products.
One word of advice, be careful out there, the little buggers can and do fight back.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

I have a buddy who baits them. He goes around to butcher shops and gets meat scraps and bones. He's killed 18 in the last year and a half. The farmer who owns the property was regularly losing calves to yotes. Since my buddy started hunting them he hasn't lost any. The farmer is so happy, he now lets him hunt deer and turkeys there, as well.
Dert

Post by Dert »

8)