Flounder fishing to pass the time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Flounder fishing to pass the time

Post by Rich »

Fished for flounder from one of the local piers today and caught some really nice fish. My buddy Clay caught the big fish up front, an 8.5 pound, 27 incher. This fish will easily make the minimun for Virginia citation flounder. Time to heat up the oil in the fry daddy.

Rich
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Awesome fish! Those things are so much fun on a rod and reel. We used to catch them in Nova Scotia as kids, but usually half that size. Good eating!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Man what a flounder. There's some fat fillets on those bad boys. :wink: Before my accident, I spent many nights on the mud flats down here in eastern NC and stuck my fair share of flounder. I have a 16' shallow drive bass boat with a detatchable set of lights rigged to fit in the trolling motor mount. I powered the lights with a Honda EU1000 generator. Those were the days. Congrats on the fish :!:

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

Fishing is a great way to pass the time between hunting seasons. Those look like beauties. I was out myself on the weekend and caught a nice bunch of walleyes.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Rich, fine looking string of flounders, I use to fish for them all the time when I live in NewBrunswick, they are really good eating. Now that I live in British Columbia I fish for halibut instead, they are so much fun to catch for they put up one heck of a fight.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
saxman

Post by saxman »

I lobster but never flounder.I left her at an oyster bar and she ran off with a squid. I keep a picture of her in my walleye just for the halibuit.
Then my car broke down,I took it to the shop,the man said I blew a seal,I told him to fix the damm thing and leave my personal life out of it.
The music was playing salmon chanted evening then I looked across the room,there she was a cute little yellow tail so we started dancing and in came her boyfriend,he was covered with mussels and crabby,man was he steamed.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
diesel

Post by diesel »

Play it Saxman !!
Maritimer;
Halibut, now that's some great eating. Soke that in some Italian dressing or rub some blacken seasoning on it and put that on the grill. That's the fish to eat.
Great looking fish guys.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Rich nice flounder, and great eating !

Last weekend I spent a few hours on a 40 acre pond in Lousia County Va. with my son Jarrod.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great fish guys ! ... Flounder , Halibut , Bass .... I'm getting hungry !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "