Trigger Pull

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Trigger Pull

Post by saxman »

Has anyone seen or used this product
http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/
I have been reading of trigger pull problems,thought this might be a solution.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have not shot my new Equinox yet (doctors orders) but I have read of some trigger pull issues. I generaly dont shoot anything good enough for trigger pull to be a problem.It's usually the Shooter and not the shootie
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Normous

Post by Normous »

When you start shooting again, don't be a trigger creep or a trigger jerk :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I ran some tests/experiments for the guy that runs the company. They flat won't work on an Excal. 1st off, of the two models, neither will clear the trigger guard thickness. I thought of what your thinking too, lol, so after I filed the meat off of the bottom of trigger guard, they still won't work as the radii/radius of their trigger and your trigger won't match up to give you the mechanical advantage that makes the thing work on guns. Have fun!!
"Eze 18:21"
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I installed on of these on my exomag. It's called a trigger shoe and provides a wider grip on the trigger and gives more surface, resulting in an easier trigger pull. I have one on almost all of my firearms.

They're easy to install, just slip it over the existing trigger and tighten the allen screws.

www.t-grips.com/TriggerShoeHomepage1.html

www.t-grips.com/MiscellaneousSR.html

Hope this helps.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

enormous . . .I love it! That's funny and very true. I actually work out my trigger finger. Sounds stupid, but, you should give it a try. I have one of those jelly looking hand exercisers. I squeeze it with my hand then dig into it with my index finger like I'm shooting. I only do it once or twice a week. It really does make a difference. Since I'm not actively doing any physical labor using my hands(like throwing a bale of hay back on the farm), I need to do something to keep my hands/fingers in shape. It's not going to help in your quest as a body builder, but, it may keep you from being a trigger creep or a trigger jerk. LOL!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

:?: Just a small question. Is there any regulations on the minimum trigger pull? If the trigger pull is too light it would be classed as a 'hair trigger' and I think the frown down on them. I have always liked a firm trigger pull. If and when I get ready to squeeze the trigger I want to know I have to squeeze it, not just tickle it. Every one is different.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

sumner4991 wrote:enormous . . .I love it! That's funny and very true. I actually work out my trigger finger. Sounds stupid, but, you should give it a try. I have one of those jelly looking hand exercisers. I squeeze it with my hand then dig into it with my index finger like I'm shooting. I only do it once or twice a week. It really does make a difference. Since I'm not actively doing any physical labor using my hands(like throwing a bale of hay back on the farm), I need to do something to keep my hands/fingers in shape. It's not going to help in your quest as a body builder, but, it may keep you from being a trigger creep or a trigger jerk. LOL!
YOU WORK OUT YOUR WHAT? :shock: :shock: ON A WHAT? :o :o IS THIS THREAD GETTING X RATED AGAIN?
JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Just a small question. Is there any regulations on the minimum trigger pull? If the trigger pull is too light it would be classed as a 'hair trigger' and I think the frown down on them. I have always liked a firm trigger pull. If and when I get ready to squeeze the trigger I want to know I have to squeeze it, not just tickle it. Every one is different.
There are no regulations about trigger pull but typically it depends on what and how you're hunting. My shotguns I like 3 1/2lb to 4lb pull, same on my deer rifle as I'm often wearing gloves. On a varmit rifle 1-2 lbs would be more the norm as it's often more precision shooting and a little more controlled. For a match rifle I like less than 1 pound pull. I once shot a benchrest rifle with a 3oz. trigger. Scary at first but nice once you got a feel for it.

Quote from their website, “Trigger squeeze is critical to accurate shooting, regardless of the gun type. By slowly and smoothly squeezing the trigger, you don’t know exactly when the sear is going to release and you won’t 'flinch' in anticipation of the recoil or sound of the gun firing."
I don't know how well their product works but that statement is a crock of hooey. I've done enough match shooting and coaching over the years to know that not knowing when your sear is going to release is not a condition you want to deal with. In fact not knowing is a major cause of flinching. With a good trigger and proper trigger control you should know exactly when your sear releases. You will never shoot consistantly until you can achieve this.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I found this article on the web and it seems to accurately describe why we are getting a heavy trigger from the factories . . .

"Manufacturers have, over the last couple of decades, shipped rifles with increasingly heavier trigger pulls. It is not that a decent trigger cannot be mass-produced. The problem lies with product liability. Society’s ever increasing tendency to blame the product for the user’s ignorance or carelessness has resulted in heavier and heavier trigger pulls. It is discouraging to spend several hundred dollars on a new rifle, only to find that it almost takes two hands to pull the trigger to fire the thing! Precision shooters have grown accustomed to having their triggers reworked by a good gunsmith or replacing them with an aftermarket unit. Also, many trigger designs do not lend themselves to lightening, without serious safety concerns. A light trigger can be easily bumped off if dropped, with potentially fatal results. This has been the thorn in the side of factory rifle accuracy for several years"

Yes Jay . . .I really do . . .the jello looking square is made by Nike. Works pretty good, give it a try. I bet you will be surprised how much better your finger will perform. LOL.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Lately there has been a trend toward lighter factory and safer triggers (on rifles). Savage produces their Acu Trigger which has a special block that prevents the trigger from releasing until it's depressed, making the release itself much lighter. Ruger just announced a new adjustable trigger. Even Remington, whose trigger has been adjustable, has upgraded their trigger. Kimber has been one of the best for long, the one on mine releases at 2.5 lbs. and is absolutely slick.
I find the trigger on my new Equinox annoying at best. It is ragged (jerky) until releasing at 3.5 lbs, with a relatively long take-up. It also has considerabel creep before even starting the release. The latter I've compensated for by taking up the slack (WITH THE SAFETY ON) prior to starting the trigger pull. Hope the pull itself will become more smooth as it is used.
Does anyone know what to do to adjust the EXCAL trigger to make it smoother, less take up?