Totally off topic

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

John Wade

Totally off topic

Post by John Wade »

Here's the scoop. I went into EB games here in London to buy an x box game. It had a rating that required purchase by an adult. I was asked to produce my driver's license. As I'm often mistaken as a teenager, (I'm in my 40's) I understood and readily complied. The clerk then took out a sheet and began to record my driver's license information. I asked why and she said it was a city requirement in the sales of games of this type of rating. I said, "Showing it is one thing. Recording it is another." She said she was required to produce this information to the city when asked to prove they weren't selling games to people of inappropriate ages.

I then asked her if I could see her driver's license. She asked me, "Why?" and I replied, "It's a legal requirement, proving to me that you're old enough to ask out." She failed to be as cooperative as I had been but at least I left with the game. Shortly afterwards on my way to the liquor store to by some vodka for my elementary age sons I was pulled over by the police. The officer claimed that at first glance I appeared to be too young to be driving a car. I produced my driver's license for the officer and he apologized and then asked me out.

Strange world. Sent the above embellished complaint to city hall apparently it's making the rounds for entertainment value, maybe giving your identification to a teenage clerk and having it "recorded" law will be rescinded.
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
saxman

Post by saxman »

You funny Man!!!
I like it,just the kind of stuff I do
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
xeon

Post by xeon »

What a horrible rule. What is in place to stop the clerk from using someone elses licence to get their underage freinds that come in the games?

PS: what game was it?
DJH

Post by DJH »

John Wade - You are a bonified hoot! Thanks for the chuckles!
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]