Crossbow Poll at Outdoor Life Web Page we need some pro xbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

poll-uted

Post by awshucks »

Jim, I watched that poll from early on. During the first 4 days or so, w/ about 7800 voters, it was pro xbow at 86%. Overnight it jumped 30,000 votes anti. NABC and Bowsite are deeply involved in this poll-ution. It's near 800,000 votes now, but not 800,000 voters, lol. What a joke!!
"Eze 18:21"
DJH

Post by DJH »

Just received word that Outdoor Life did some checking and they are pulling the poll off the site. They realize it has been corrupted.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well guys, I just did my own poll. I read every entry on the ODL poll blogs and what I found was 88 pro crossbow, 49 anti, and 7 who don't care either way. 144 entrys, not counting double posts.
"Eze 18:21"
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Same here bstout . It is 5:05 here in Texas and I just voted. This world is in on heck of a shape, what else are hunters going to have to go through.
It always seems that some dip weed somewhere has something to say about what they know nothing about just so they can be heard. Sad part is that some other dip weed hears them and agrees. :x
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
xeon

Post by xeon »

Just a poll, dont take the results to heart.
DJH

Post by DJH »

Never say Never, Bob. There is a movement afoot and the have-nots are organizing and they WILL bring about change. I believe that folks are getting tired of being shoved around by a squeaky minority that is motivated purely by self interest and fear of loss.

However, to bring about change requires action. Nothing can be done without those victims getting involved. It’s kind of funny, but on those two very hot Outdoor Life blogs, the responders are mostly pro-crossbow. The poll, up until it went south last Tuesday night (the night that 14,000 people voted in the middle of the night, mostly against the crossbow) the crossbow yes column was ahead by 86%. I truly believe that is very close to the general consensus of the hunting public. But if we are to rip control from the hands of those that should not be in control, we are going to have to stand up and be counted to get it done. Enough is enough! It’s time to organize and beat the minority at its own game, but we can’t do it individually, we must do it together. That will happen, its just a question of when.

I realize that, like a dummy, I am preaching to the choir, but gosh, I just love the way you guys sing! Let’s bring about change!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
marmot

Post by marmot »

The other side has been employing a voting robot. If anyone wants to even the score, please send me a PM.
marmot

Post by marmot »

I looks like ODL censored my blog posting.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

marmot wrote:I looks like ODL censored my blog posting.
Could be that if you go too long (over 10 lines) the blog will not allow you to post..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
marmot

Post by marmot »

jh45gun wrote:Just posted at the first blog and they are using a bot blocker now where you have to verify your post with one of those looking at the odd print and numbers boxes and then copying to a verification box. The other blog does not have this blocker.
The security device is known as a "glyph," and it was one of the suggestions that I made in the posting that ODL censored (the one where I explained how to build a voting robot for the poll). I also suggested that ODL place an IP filter on the poll that enforces a ten-minute time-out, which would discourage people with high-speed links (most of which have long-held IP addresses) from voting for hours on end.

IMHO, if ODL has not yet reset the poll count to zero, they need do it ASAP. At this point, the numbers are meaningless.

BTW, I verified that the "antis" were using a robot on 5/31/2007 when I wrote a robot to skew the vote count into the "yes" camp (it's a simple HTTP post operation that passes three parameters to a URL). Within a few hours, the antis had placed tens of thousands of "no" votes. That feat would have been impossible to do manually.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Holy smokes! :shock: I can't believe the nonsense that I read in some of those posts on the Outdoor Life site :roll: I added my humble comment there, for what its worth. Those American bowhunters sure are making much ado about nothing!

Ninepointer
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
marmot

Post by marmot »

What amazes me is that the vertical bow hunting groups continue to fight a losing battle that, in the end, will alienate them from the rest of the hunting community. In ten years, the majority of U.S. hunters will be old enough to qualify for "senior" usage.
DJH

Post by DJH »

I would like to offer a very warm thank you to everyone that contributed on the blogs. We may not have cheated on the voting as well as our opponents did, however we bloodied their noses with our responses on the blogs. I am not sure, friends, but I think the pace of the crossbow revolution just clicked up a few notches. Again, thank you to all for helping to make a difference in our hunting future.

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Longhorncrazy

Post by Longhorncrazy »

I just voted.

29.4% yes
70% no
Excalibur Equinox
Rocket Hammerheads