Second Hanback Crossbow Blog

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DJH

Second Hanback Crossbow Blog

Post by DJH »

Mike Hanback liked what was going on the first crossbow blog so much that he started a second and that one is getting good too. Stop by and check it out. It will be worth the trip.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/hunt ... 58,00.html
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
Big John

djh

Post by Big John »

Thank's for the heads up DJH, I said my peace there before and said it again now. Always good to help out a few times a year when things are not so hostile on the thread.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
DJH

Post by DJH »

I know what you mean, John. We get kind of spoiled on this site with the brotherly love and all. It's kind of nice to get dressed up and go out on the town every once in a while to see if we can still hold our own with the young bulls.

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
DJH

Post by DJH »

If you read Mike's comments at the top of the 2nd blog, he mentions that if this poll hits a million it will be the largest internet poll in history. That may be what they have their sites set on. So what the heck guys lets go out and be a part of history.

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looks like the people against have never hunted with a crossbow and thus are ignorant to the advantages for and against vs. the compound bow. Too bad, if people were allowed to try both, then I truly think everyone would see, there really isn't a big difference. It's only a big difference when you physically can not draw back the compound bow.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DJH

Post by DJH »

Sumner - Perhaps a few, but the hard-core opponent is so blinded by his hatred of the crossbow, that they never will change their story. And for those the only thing we can do is shame them into the closet. Even after 30 year, Ohio has folks (I know, I have met them) that hate the crossbow cling to the mantra that we all know is false. As they say, you can't win them (or win the over) all.

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
marmot

Post by marmot »

The problem with this debate is that most of the antis are young, and young men are easy to manipulate. All one needs to do is to appeal to their egos. Young men want so desperately to prove their manhood, and the rhetoric spewed by the "anti" leadership plays well with these inexperienced, but well-meaning young adults.

The only way to overcome this bias is through education, as crossbows are seen as "sissy" weapons only suitable for the “crippled” by this crowd. These young men are so busy trying to prove their manhood by using 80+ pound compound bows that they fail to realize that they are one draw away from a debilitating shoulder injury. If I had known then what I know now, I would have avoided having to go under the knife to have extensive repair performed on my right shoulder. IMHO, young men should look at the crossbow as a way to give their shoulders a break periodically.