Slick Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Polecat

Slick Tricks

Post by Polecat »

Ok , for you guys that shoot the slick trick broadhead. I would like to know why you chose the particular trick you are shooting?
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Near field tip accuracy, great blood trails, awesome exit wounds, easy to set up. Mine are 100 gr 1 1/8" diameter. Quit loooking when I shot these!
"Eze 18:21"
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Very accurate, The most important thing to me.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I use the 125's nothing but passthroughs and very accurate out of crossbows.
I am waiting for Gary to come out with a 145 gr.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

In my Exomax I use the 125's because I want the weight for penetration reasons. I have had nothing but passthroughs, so unless a heavier weight comes with a wider broadhead, I won't be bothering to change.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I initially chose them for their 4-bladed construction, Alcatraz lockup and small size. (The three bladed Thunderheads were planing badly, I missed two deer). I find the 100 gr 1 and 1/8" version gives me same point of impact as my target bolts, awesome penetration, sizable exit wound and therefore super blood trail...so far I havn't had to trail very far however. I'm sold.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ive shot about 5-6 different headw through mine and the slick tricks were closer than any of the others to the fieldpoint shots. If you tune the ST's in they are deadly! All the others like muzzy and the spitfires shot good groups. But they were either 4-5 inches off from the fieldpoints. You could ajust the scope for them and those would shoot dead on also. I just wanted a head that shot the same as the practice tips.

I may try the rage heads this year to see how they do also.. but you always know that a fixed head will make a deadly wound since you know its open;)
DJH

Post by DJH »

WATCH FOR THE SLICK TRICK AD IN THE SUMMER ISSUE OF HBM. I HAVE USED THIS BROADHEAD AND TO DATE IT IS THE BEST FIXED BLADE BROADHEAD TO COME OUT OF MY CROSSBOWS.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]