Exomag Bolt & Brodhead Combo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bow hunter

Exomag Bolt & Brodhead Combo

Post by bow hunter »

Hey guys, I just bought an EXOMAG from a buddy. For EXOMAG owners, what are your favourite setups in terms of bolt and broadhead combos. I prefer to shoot aluminum shafts but have not totally ruled out carbons. I also have shot Thunderhead 125's for years from my Exocet and have had good performance with them.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have a 2003 exomag and shoot GT Lazer IIs with 5" vanes. I used to shoot Montec G-5s but this year I'm going back to slick tricks (125gr.) Hope this helps.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

Ray the G5s are the solid broadheads right? i was thinking of trying them what made you switch back to slicks? thanks steve
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
huntman

Post by huntman »

I have a MAG as well and have been shooting carbons with 100 grain SST Hammer. I have had great results with this setup, I'm going to try 100 grain slick tricks this season, only because everyone on this forum speak so HIGHLY of thise broadheads.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Steve, the montec G-5 is a great broadhead but I have a serous problem sharpening anything. If your good at sharpening, they may work good for you. I like the slick tricks because They fly great, I can replace the blades, and as said earlier, they have great reviews from those that use them.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray