bass pro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dunn14

bass pro

Post by Dunn14 »

on the way back from fishing we stopped at bass pro in toronto what a zoo :lol:
I got some new bolts and field points but couldnt get the broadheads i wanted- rage 3 blade because of the recall. I thought they were back out again???
But anyway they wouldn't even sell the arrows to me do they have a policy on not selling to a certain age :? ? I was told it is legal to sell ammunition to some1 with an apprentice hunting licence in my course? any info on this would be appreciated :wink:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A hunting licence is just that, a licence to hunt. You must produce a valid PAL to purchase firearms or ammunition.
Arrows on the other hand do not require a PAL or any special licencing, but it may be Bass Pros policy to not sell to a minor, but I must say I have never heard of that. Orders are constantly sent via mail order without requiring proof of age, again, it just may be the stores policy.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

ok thanks pydpyper :)
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

Dunn go in and tell the sales guy that you can leagally purchase bolts some of these guys (not all ) sold stereos or washing machines in there last job :) dazzle them with your knowledge . ps i did get a hassle buying 177 pellets from can tire one time because i didnt have my pal on me and i was over 40 lol a talk with the manager straightened that out.
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Don't give up, there are some screwy rules out there. Some cashiers even make up their own. I'm asked if the 22 shells I purchase at Wall-Mart will be used in a handgun. I'm 67 years old. To the best of my knowledge there is no law to that affect in Minnesota. I simply say " Of course not. A handgun!?" Try again, if they pull the same crap ask them for the citation that supports their position. If they are vague, ask to see the manager.
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

cossack i would have said "no there being used in a blow gun and mind your own business"
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If it the stores policy there is not much you can do about it, they can make their own rules. At most I have been asked was for a drivers licence to purchase BB's in Canadian tire, that too is the law, they record that info, for some odd reason.
If you want to pursue it you can call this guy, his name is Terry and he is the manager of the hunting department in Vaughn Mills Bass Pro.
His private number is 905-761-4011 extension #4078, he will tell you why that happened, if there was a valid reason.

There are some cities (Cambridge I think) that require ID to purchase markers and spray paint in a feeble attempt to control graffiti, it is a crazy world we live in..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Pydpiper wrote:. At most I have been asked was for a drivers licence to purchase BB's in Canadian tire, that too is the law, they record that info, for some odd reason.
Don't let them write down your address. They don't need to. All they need is the number on your firearms licence, from there they(authorities) can get any info about you they want. The note books they write the info down in are too easy for someone with criminal intent to take advantage of.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

chris4570 wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:. At most I have been asked was for a drivers licence to purchase BB's in Canadian tire, that too is the law, they record that info, for some odd reason.
Don't let them write down your address. They don't need to. All they need is the number on your firearms licence, from there they(authorities) can get any info about you they want. The note books they write the info down in are too easy for someone with criminal intent to take advantage of.
I have a rural route address, that went through my head when the young fellow asked for my drivers licence to write in a notepad left beside the ammo case..
WMU 91
Boo string
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

[
[/quote]

Don't let them write down your address. They don't need to. All they need is the number on your firearms licence, from there they(authorities) can get any info about you they want. The note books they write the info down in are too easy for someone with criminal intent to take advantage of.[/quote]

The criminals already get their "shopping list" from the long gun registry.
Don't make it any easier for them.
chessy

Post by chessy »

jasper you are wrong ... they need your adress ... it is a provincal thing not federal... i looked into it along time ago.. it is not federal but provical
1994, and a quick and emotionally driven response by Premier Bob Rae's NDP government over the shooting death of a young Toronto police officer.

On July 23 of that year, one month after the on-duty murder of 25-year-old Const. Todd Baylis, Ontario became the toughest place in North America to buy ammunition as Bill 181 went into effect, requiring all ammunition retailers to keep records of all transactions -- the name and age of the purchaser, his or her address, the date and time, the type of identification used, plus any serial number and the type and quantity of ammunition purchased.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

When I was buying my turkey shells this year I was quite surprised that the gal didn't ask for any form of ID, forgot about it until I was passing through a small village today and of course slipped back to the hunting section only to find all the shotguns (that's all they sell) laying on a shelf with a wire around them, you could pick them up and hold them without assistance, all the ammunition sitting on a shelf beside them.
WMU 91
Boo string