ot/ Metal Detectors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

ot/ Metal Detectors

Post by Sliver »

Thinking about getting into some metal detecting... anyone else out there into this? if so any recommendations on a decent unit for a beginner ?

Thanks
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

A buddy of mine bought one of these for scouring the beaches in Florida when he goes down in the winter.
I borrowed it to find a couple of bolts that I had lost in some blueberry bushes.
They will sense aluminum,which surprised me!
They are pretty neat,and you need to learn how to tweak them to not be too sensitive,as I was even finding nails,bottle caps,etc.
I will get the details from him,and how much he paid for it and get back to you.
Bob Vandrish.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I had several of them, and a Fisher CZ-6 was the pick of the litter.
"Eze 18:21"
Bucktail

Metal Detectors

Post by Bucktail »

Go with the best. Whites DFX. Not cheap, but will pay for itself in a short time. Check out KELLY CO. for some good prices.

Bucktail
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Sliver,my buddy has a nearly new Whites DFX.
He has all the bells and whistles with it,including digging tools, a sand scoop,and it has a pin point hand held detector besides the main unit,and high end earphones.
He would take $400,if you are interested.
He says anything you see at Can Tire is junk compared to this unit.
PM me if you are interested.
Bob Vandrish.
ranger

Post by ranger »

I have a bounty hunter,payed around 475.00 for it plus headphones.
headphones give way better sound and batteries last longer.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

I know nothing about them except from two guys at work. They both use a brand called Mine Lab I think. They both paid around 700 bucks for theres and seem pretty happy with them. They both told me that they are not beginner friendly and take some time to learn. They are big into it and both come to work after our days off with lots of silver dimes and Indian head pennies and some silver quarters. they are big into the silver and gold stuff along with the old pennies. Again I know nothing, but them guys find alot of stuff.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Sliver is buying the White's unit from my buddy.
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sliver your getting a great buy on that detector. However read up on it and start with the pre-set program for coins until you learn what it is trying to tell ya!!

IT IS A TOP OF THE LINE UNIT BUT WILL STATE IT IS NOT A BEGINNER’S UNIT. Take your time with it and read and then read the owners manual over and over for awhile, dont get flustered with it as it will take some time to learn.

any problems PM me and I will try and help you. Been detecting for 35+ years with all the brands out there at one time or another. :D

Forgot to state that the first thing you will want to do after you get it is buy your self a HIP MOUNT for it other wise it will wear out your arm swinging it :lol: :lol:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Thanks for all the information folks!

I did get that DFX from Bob's friend....

Gary: Thanks for the advice, and the offer for any help I may need :oops: :wink: .
I will read the manual, and take my time with it :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
ranger

Post by ranger »

Bounty Hunter makes alot of differant ones for wal-mart,ect....I bought mine right from thier(bounty hunter) site not thru a store..at the time if I would of had some extra money I would of bought a White.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ranger wrote:Bounty Hunter makes alot of differant ones for wal-mart,ect....I bought mine right from thier(bounty hunter) site not thru a store..at the time if I would of had some extra money I would of bought a White.
Nothing at all wrong with a mid line Bounty Hunter ranger, and other then a few extras on a TOP LINE Whites that you may have never had to use.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ranger

Post by ranger »

I dont use the BH to its full potentual(spl).Ive gone around and ask citys around here if I can use it in thier parks and beaches some say its ok others say no,also most of the state parks dont allow it....I do see people out useing them but I think they take more time to get the ok from the higher ups or know people that allow them to use them..I got mine abot 5yrs ago and the 1st time I used it I found a 1964 quarter about 9" down,thought that was real neat,I use it alot to find arrows that go into the grass flat.
If I lived down south or west /east I would probley spend the money and get a top of the line detector but there is no gold/silver arround were I live to justify it......
If I just knew the right people to get on some of the summer beaches I know I could do real good.....
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360