Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wapiti

scopes

Post by Wapiti »

you can shoot at 100 yards with the right scope mount and scope
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

jh45gun,
Some enjoy pushing themselves to new capabilities beyond what is seen as the norm, it's all about excellence.
If you haven't gone to Mattias72 website and view the videos of him target shooting at 100 yards and 110 yards, then you should.
This has nothing to do with unethical hunting. There are some hunters that don't even take the time to sight in thier bow and end up injuring the animal at 15 yards; is that good for the sport? Is this ethical? I don't think so. I have much more respect for someone who takes pride in the sport of archery, developpes the skills required for a ethical hunt knowing that he will harvest an animal in an ethical way; with skill.
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The anti's will be the anti's . . .no matter what we say or do, they will find a negative.

I know a guy that consistantly takes deer at long ranges. He doesn't miss. He has developed that skill through years of practice. He also marks off the yardage from his stand, there is no guessing how far away his target stands, he knows. He just happens to use a crossbow, however, I'm willing to wager a large sum that there are plenty of guys that can do the same with a compound bow. There is no way I can tell someone it's wrong to shoot at long range without knowing their skill level. I will say, you should hunt within your limits. Going outside your limits is simply wrong.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen