long distance shooting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wapiti

long distance shooting

Post by Wapiti »

I would like to clarify my post on scopes and long distance shooting. The fact that i have 2 crossbows is that 1 is setup for hunting and the other is strictly for target shooting. I donot feel chastised as i have been through this for the last 50 years. My son and I were the first ones in our area to have compound bows and were looked upon as some sort freaks that wanted to ruin archery. We were also the first to use mechancial releases and again caused much of an uproar. Although i still hunt my real passion is target shooting and mainly long distance With Wolfszeitz scope mount and a 3x9 50mm leupold scope i'm able to hold dead on the target from 10 yards to 100 plus yards. My hunting is done at a max of 40 yards I hope this clears up any misconsceptions. Don't be afraid of the ANTIS the crossbow is here to stay so enjoy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thanks Watipi!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Yup, thanks. But I knew what you meant the first time. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

I share the same desire to excel at whichever sport I do. This is no different in archery. I strive like you to test my abilities and skills; which means I want to increase my accuracy and challenge myself by increasing my range. Developping these long range accuracy skills on large yellow foam blocks (which I haven't found a good recipe for yet), makes me confident and minimizes the pucker factor when hunting at 25-40 yards.
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

What is the longest distance you have tried with your xbow target shooting. I am very interested in the challenge of long distance xbow shooting so its always nice to meet another fan of this chalenging and fun sport.
Boo

Post by Boo »

lotusnight45 wrote:What is the longest distance you have tried with your xbow target shooting. I am very interested in the challenge of long distance xbow shooting so its always nice to meet another fan of this chalenging and fun sport.
Yeah me too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes