Wood stocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wapiti

Wood stocks

Post by Wapiti »

Does anyone know someone who makes wood stocks ?
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Mark H a member of the forum, makes a great looking stock . There are a number of members who have them on their crossbows. Digger and Woody are the 1st to come to mind .

Have not seen mark post on here for a while, you might try sending him a pm.
Wapiti

stocks

Post by Wapiti »

I plan on keeping my Vixen stock the way it is. I want the wood stock for my Phoenix which is setup for taget shooting. I had my Vixen stock and limbs DURO coated in matte black love the look I have tried to pm henry about the stocks no answer sofar. Does anyone have his email address ?
Wapiti

stocks

Post by Wapiti »

OOPS sorry i meant Mark !!!!
navaman

Post by navaman »

you know, bstout is hitting the nail on the head with everything he's saying. i made a fine looking stock out of laminated birch and it was a dandy. anyway , after the hunt i took it on was over and i got home i saw the effect the rain, snow, mud, etc. etc. had on it. it wasn't good. believe me, there were plenty of coats of oil on it but the conditions were too harsh. (you folks in wisconsin sure got some hard winters). i decided that if i was only taking my vixen to 3-D shoots and things like that it would certainly need a beautiful stock but in the field i'm gonna stick with what bill t and the other people at excalibur came up with. that stock can take a heck of a lot. just my 2 cents worth. :lol:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."