130----- 334,8----- 229
140----- 313,9----- 223,7
150----- 284,8----- 218,5
160----- 247,0----- 213,5
170----- 200,0----- 208,6
180----- 143,5----- 203,8
190------ 77,0----- 199,1
200------- 0,0------ 194,5

And I used a very aerodinamic arrow with only 2" vanes. If you use another kind of arrow the drop could be very larger, so now you can understand better the scope angle problem. And I assure you that using a normal Excalibur scope mount modified to allow a larger optic inclination,
with one Exomax, a 400 grains x 336fps arrow and 2" vanes, your scope-view-axis is at the limit to come inside the crossbow riser with a 110 yards set-up.

Best regards

Matthias
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Esox

Post by Esox »

Two topics going at he same time?. One is "How to shoot distances", the other is "Should we even talk about shooting distances".. The one belongs in the forum the other is .... Voldemort, There I said his name...... The heavens will strike me down and the antis will have still more fuel for the fire because we now said the name..... Bottom Line....THE ANTIS (ALL ANTIS) WILL ALWAYS MAKE UP ANYTHING THEY WANT... And there will always be people that will believe it .... This is an open forum to all discussions on x-bows. PERIOD. I want to hear about shooting distances,equipment set up, shooting styles, ground hog hunting, what the heck even underwater bowfishing, anything and everything pertaing to shooting and hunting with an x-bow...

And yes my state doesn't allow x-bows either, and my Div of Fish and Game HAS proposed opening the seasons up to x-bow and the Fish and Game Counsel decided to back down from the treat pressure by the vert-bow people. BUT more and more people are coming around to the truth about x-bow so in time they will be allowed....
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

bstout wrote:In order to do a 200 yard shot with any bow and arrow you'll have to lob it in!

I'm not saying it can't be done.

I'm saying you're going to be aiming at the moon in order to hit the other end of the pasture!
It's called artillery! Any retired artillery guys onboard? Sorry but I lobbed stuff at much longer range and from flying objects, and in reality, they wheren't lobbed, they were thrusted to over mach 3.
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bombs away! Or is that bolts away? :wink:
Grizz
Digger

Post by Digger »

bstout wrote:Grizz:

Much better sounding for the Brits and the sport of angles! :D
I thought that referred to the Brits sport of billiards
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Swede

Post by Swede »

There are different crossbow shooters...ACCEPT IT :!: Both hunters and target shooters. In my country we are not allowed to hunt with crossbow so all crossbow shooters here are target shooters. Sporting shooters, historical and field shooters. I like to read about hunting and technical stuff. I enjoy very much to read the stuff guys like Matthias is writing. But also all these hunting issues(I am a rifle/shootgun hunter) . Please let this forum be open for all crossbow shooters and stop that bad attityd towards fellow crossbow shooters. :D
Swede

Post by Swede »

Well, I dont feel welcome here anymore. The attitude sucks. By the way, I have been a hunter for 20 years.

Good bye
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

OK guys, I think we need to be a little open minded here. Crossbow hunting and crossbow target shooting although similar are two different passions. The hunting side is very sensitive with artificial hype generating fuel for anti-hunters to use against us. Super high speeds and long hunting ranges are two of the most misunderstood spacifics relating to crossbows.

However, target shooting focuses on just accurately hitting a target not harvesting an animal. I think there is room on our forum to discuss all aspects of crossbows and crossbow shooting. If we need to have a dedicated section for target shooting enthusiasts that is possible but I'm not sure it is necessary.

Lets not drive away dedicated crossbow target shooters from our forum, thier input can be very useful for the hunting people as well.

Thanks,

Peter
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've stayed out of the discussion so far because I read the origional post as pertaining to TARGET ARCHERY. I have no real interest in target archery other than the potential for improvements (to equipment and shooting form) to make accuracy better. Improved accuracy gets my attention because it's my goal as a hunter to deliver the arrow to the part of the game's anatomy that will result in a quick, humane kill. I will be shooting at short range, but accuracy is still important! I've seen shots go slightly off target because of human error, if an added error because of poor accuracy is also made it could result in a poor hit. (eg. if a whitetail's vitals are an 8" circle and you aim at the center you have room for a 4" error on the shot. If you pull the shot 2" left it's still fatal. If accuracy problems added another 2" left to the hit, it could result in a wounded animal escaping. - Not what any of us want!)
I hope the members that are interested in target shooting only will continue to post and share their little "secrets" with us!!!!!!
wabi
Swede

Post by Swede »

I dont take it personal. But its not the first time I experienced this attitud against fellow crossbow shooters in this forum. I had enough and I rather spend time with people that respect eachother. If the crossbow sport grows Im sure crossbow hunting will benefit with that too. If crossbow hunting will be allowed in europe in the future it will be because of the work from serious sporting crossbow shooters. If authorities see that crossbow people are serious shooters that will help hunting too. Maybe you guys should put more effort in sporting shooting :wink:

Well, I had a good time with some of you guys/women but now I had enough.

Good hunting/shooting.
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

I'm a classic shooter/hunter with the crossbow. For obvious reason I'm a shooter 99% of the time that I use my crossbow. And obviously, because I have the possibility of a field where is possible shoot up to 100 meters, I like to shoot/train during the year on this range to increase my skill on hunting distance and to have a more interesting challenge with myself and with other Venatores members. Of course, my long shooting training is done always with a hunting equipment, because my last objective is increase my hunting skill. And I like the "hunting feeling" of this forum. But I never knew before a shooter that uses "hunting powerful crossbow s" that critics crossbowhunters; may be on the world of "Olimpic" target crossbow (up to 90 lbs), but this is not our world, Swede is on our world.
Please we don't must mix this two different worlds.

Regards

Matthias
Last edited by Matthias72 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Swede wrote:Well, I dont feel welcome here anymore. The attitude sucks. By the way, I have been a hunter for 20 years.

Good bye
Swede, stick aorund man:0 Onething I will say is that even though some little fights happen on here, everyone keeps the posting tasteful. Some forums use everyword in the book and act like kids. In this post, everyone atleast acts like grownups I will say 8)

can we all just agree to disagree :P

its no need for anyone to leave and 2-3 days from now everyone and everything will be back to normal. Everyones itching to get out and hunt mostly on here so thats more reason while some bicker. When hunting season starts all you will see is I killed this and that posts.. now its a boring time and everyone has nothing to do but bicker :lol:

I dont agree with everything all the time here. Thats life... if everyone agreed on everything, what fun would it be. Plus everyone would shoot excals and we wouldnt be able to make fun of the compound guys(kidding LMAO)
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I am very new to this forum. I joined to learn every thing I could about bow hunting in general. The same ideas of long bow, compound, recurve cross bow are relatively the same. Get out and enjoy which ever you have and listen to all the others, you will learn something sooner or later.As for long range target shooting as Swede is talking about I certainly do not have the skills to imagine on hitting a target at that distance. I would like to know what equipment is required for such shooting. When I first read of 200 yard shooting I figured in was a typo error. I hope someone who has the skills to do that kind of shooting stays with this forum, not that I am going to run out and buy new equipment but the skills that a person like Swede has will surely help me in my hunting and target practice. To learn anything you need someone who has more knowledge than the student. This is the best forum I have run across so far, it is a shame when anyone leaves. :(
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I have tried to stay out of this because the whole argument seems kind of childish to me. I can understand both points of view which have been clearly stated many times over. I think of Lotus's comments in many diferent posts where he mentions freedom of speech and that we shouldn't be affraid of anyone no matter who they are. In a way he is right. We shouldn't let our fear of the anti's censor what we have to say because that just makes us look weak and cowardly, like we have something to hide. It divides us as a group and causes worthless conflict. We, as responsible and ethical hunters should jump on people who make us look bad by saying they shoot deer or any other game at 50+ yards. This will give credibility to hunters as a group in the publics eye. Jumping on a fellow xbow shooter for long range target shooting just makes you look bad because you are trying to press your views upon someone who is participating in a harmless and legal recreational activity. Saying you are doing it because it makes hunters look bad is not a very good argument because we all know that if the anti's couldn't find anything to use against us from the forums they would just make something up. That is what people and groups like them do when they are fighting for something that they feel so strongly about. If there were a long range target shooting section on excal or any other site they would go there and use the info against us and say it came from a hunter or hunting site. They don't care about facts. They will lie all day if it helps their cause because a lot of the public will believe whatever they say without looking for any evidence to back up their claims. This is supposed to be the best forum around filled with a few great ladies and a lot of good gentlemen. We should keep it that way by accepting our long range xbow shooting friends and allowing them to discuss the topic as much as they want. We are a much stronger and better group with them on our side than without them. I hope Swede and anyone else interested in Excals and target shooting will stay and continue helping to make this site the great site it is.

Todays target shooters are tommorrows hunters as long as we don't turn them off to hunters and hunting. Therefore they are our brothers and alies in the fight to do what we love so much. Keeping the group together is much more valuable than worrying about giving the anti's something bad and untrue to say about us.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

well said lv2
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains