200 yds?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

First: Swede, don't leave!

Esox, I see your point of view, and that of all the others that are trying to keep the forum together. But have a look at bstout's post. He states the forum is called "Crossbow Hunting". So all "the crossbow shooters" have to obeye by the laws the "crossbow hunters" set? I most certainly disagree.

I'm from Germany, crossbow hunting is a no-no here (even taking out a racoon is considered illegal, even on your own land).

So for me it's mainly target shooting. And I (and certainly most of the other "target shooters") have absolutely nothing against the usage of a crossbow for hunting. Quite the opposite.

But, after purchasing an Excalibur crossbow and entering the forum, there's a resistance talking about long-range-shooting. Perfectly understandable from the hunter's point of view given the antis will take any opportunity to state their wicked-minded opinions against hunting in general and the usage of a crossbow in particular.

Where to go? I love my Excalibur, I love reading the knowledgeable comments of the highly experienced members (be it hunters or target shooters).

I'd hate to spoil things for the hunters by discussing stuff that could willingly be misinterpreted by the antis. But still, I'd like to read and talk about long-distance-shooting, targeting practice and so on.

If a post on the forum could be clearly identified as belonging to the "target shooter's" section, it could - not necessarily would - hinder the antis from using it against us.

Friday I wrote that we are going to divide ourselves for the better of the antis. Swede is about to leave. What the f*** is going on?

bstout, do you really think the crossbow shooters in the forum are against using the crossbow for hunting? I, for my part am not. Nor is Swede, nor is Matthias. I don't know about the others, but prove me wrong.

I'm new to this forum but I already have the feeling we are family. We all have one goal: to hit dead center. Be it the "boiler room" or be it the golden ten.

Regards

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
TruGlo Tru Brite 1.5-5x32mm Illuminated
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Tricks 100 Grain 1 1/8
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

First of all thank you all for your input. This has been educational for me in the aspect of where you all stand. I never meant to start anything no matter what anyone thinks. If you look at my original post wich clearly stated in bold print target shooting I was just interested in knowing if anyone had tried it. I did get angry but that all stemmed from the very first reply of my post being bs. It just escalated from there. My intent was not to start trouble and I don't think I did but it sure has been interesting to say the least. I am sorry to those who have been hurt by this post and I hope that no one leaves because of the strong feelings and emotions brought about by my unfortunate question. There are really good points to listen to in this and for starters I know that one should probably name the post target shooting instead of giving a range like 1xx yds. I also have learned that I have a lot of learning to do as do we all. We are at a very important point in xbow history. I am willing to stand by anyones side who shoots an xbow no matter what they think of me. I believe we are brothers, we may not always get along but we need to stand together. Forgive me brothers if I have offended any of you. Please lets just drop this issue and get back to talking about xbows. I am proud to be a member of this forum I hope that some others feel the same.
Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

hi bstout,

I did most certainly not want to step on your toes, sorry if I crossed a line here. But:

Quote:
Swede: The name of this forum is Crossbow Hunting. Hunters take a lot of heat from every direction. The kind of heat target shooters know little or nothing about. Many times crossbow hunters are verbally attacked by something a crossbow shooter said. If the target shooter had been a hunter he wouldn't have made the remark.
Unquote

You might understand that the "shooters" might feel a bit disappointed by that.

I for my part would happily change the laws in Germany regarding crossbows as hunting weapons.

The archery club I was in did not have a single member that was against hunting. Oh, and by the way: I am not a member anymore because they don't allow crossbows on the premises. And I cannot shoot a vertical anymore :roll:

Oh, by the way: Peta and the likes are busy everywhere. This is a video taken in Berlin couple days ago. You don't need to speak German to get the gist of it :-)

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/medien/video ... ?SORT=PRIO

Again, sorry, bstout, didn't want to step on your toes, just wanted to make clear there is a bunch of people out there who do shoot Excaliburs and who don't have the chance to hunt, but who still like to talk about their toy/weapon/you-name-it and the way they use it.

Kind regards

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
Gold Tip Laser II's
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

Wow !!!!; will the energy wasted on this cancerous topic ever be focused on genuinely positive exchange of great experience, stories and friendships?

Sooo, hows the weather in your neck of the woods?
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

bushwacker. a piece in horizontal bowhunter says bow hunting is not legal in germany.is this correct?
Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

Willie, quite correct, not even on your own land :shock:, the same is true for as far as I know all kinds of archery equipment in the rest of Europe.

This might change over time, but we are facing harsher winds with a huge anti-guns coalition over here. Some of these crackpots are actually trying to ban all sorts of hunting in general. Unbelievable.

But if a friend of mine asks me to help him getting rid of some pesty raccoons on HIS land, I couldn't care less.

And no, I don't consider myself a poacher under these circumstances.

Kind regards

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
Gold Tip Laser II's
Swede

Post by Swede »

Bowhunting is legal in Denmark, Finland and some other places. I know some people in the european bowhunting assosiation that are positive towards the use of crossbows as a hunting tool. I belive the future looks good. I will take the european bowhunting exam this autum and then I will go bowhunting. I will do my best to push for the use of crossbows.
Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

Swede, I never heard of a European bowhunting exam before, could you give me some references? But most probably that's for verticals only and that would be out of the question for me due to health reasons.

Kind regards

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
Gold Tip Laser II's
Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

Willie, after I read the post from Swede I searched the internet for a while and found the following:

http://www.dpll.si/files/bowhunting%20i ... 202006.pdf

This is a comprehensive listing of bowhunting opportunities worldwide.

Dates from 2006-09-16, so it's rather up-to-date.

Kind regards

Rudi
Excalibur Phoenix
Flemish Fast Flight
Gold Tip Laser II's
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

That was a very informative site B, thanks