200 yds?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lotusnight45

200 yds?

Post by lotusnight45 »

Has anyone shot out to 200yds with there crossbow? I was wondering if anybody had pushed the envelope that far.
STRICTLY TARGET SHOOTING!!!!
I would never hunt that far just wanted to know if its possible I have shot to 150 yds but thats as far as my range goes, and I know how important range estimation can be at that distance. If your off by 1-2 yds you can fall as much as 10-20 ft in front of the target well that has been my experience anyway. So if there are any extreme distance shooters I would love to hear from you and share experience and knowledge about long distance xbow.
rwk

Post by rwk »

Lot45 Why do you even bring this BS up, try it for your self and keep it to your self. To many screw balls get crazy ideas. Rich
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Rich

You being harsh. He made it very clear that his interest was only targets. Surely this is no worse than folks talking about doing 1000+ yards targeting with rifles.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I agree with Hi5, the man has qualified his question. If a man is prevented from asking a simple, innocent question then what society have we put him in?
I am interested in reading about long range shooting as well. Sounds like a challenge! Not to mention fun and a very high level of difficulty. lotusnight45, don't let anyone scare you off. There's nothing wrong with 1,000 yard rifle shooting, field shooting, javelin throwing, shot-put throwing or anything ethical.
BTW, nice talk! Telling someone BS is BS so I would appreciate it if you kept the BS to yourself. It is oppressive and not polite whatsoever. Anyone wanting to send me a BS please do it via PM like we should do and not look like idiots.
Last edited by Boo on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rwk

Post by rwk »

Hi5-- No i do'nt think i'm to harsh, with all the folks that are againist xbows, i don't like it when some one gives them more fuel for there fire. Rich
lotusnight45

is freedom bs?

Post by lotusnight45 »

Hey I was just wondering I love to shoot long distance and I will continue to do it no matter who it offends so my bs question is now your bs problem. I am not concerned with what anyone thinks about me and my practices and you shouldn't be either. I am not scared of anti's and I don't give a @#$& about being politicaly correct, in my oppinion to many people care what these pansy anti gun anti hunting anti xbow anti fredom morons think. I will stand in your face or anyone elses who trys to tell me what I do for recreation is not my right. If you think that long range xbow shooting is bs than you probably think that my barret 50bmg that shoots a 650grn bullet over three thousand yds very acurately is bs to. And anything that doesn't effect you is probably ok to get rid of well thats the kind of attitude that gives these antis a platform to stand on isn't it?
Stand up for your rights don't get on one of your brothers in the sport of xbow because he's not afraid to push the limits in TARGET PRACTICE
I will not fight with you on this because I know that we must stick together if we are to win this campaign against the anti's.

Listen the government and the anti's should be afraid of you, not the other way around.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

He was just curious if anyone had tried that far of a [/b]TARGET[b] shot. I have shot 80 yds with my pheonix on a target and i hit a 30 inch target which is fine by me. Im curious to know if anyone has hot that far with a crossbow. This shouldn't offend and anti xbow people because we arent huntin at that range. We are just target shooting.[/b]
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

rwk wrote:Hi5-- No i do'nt think i'm to harsh, with all the folks that are againist xbows, i don't like it when some one gives them more fuel for there fire. Rich
YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Boo

Post by Boo »

Guys, I am not trying to defend Rich's actions because I clearly do not approve of how it was said. The poor guys in New York have it pretty bad. It's one of the states where there is a pretty big battle going on for the Xbow crowd. Its dirty and political (is that repetitive?).
I just thought you guys should know where he is coming from. We are the haves and Rich is one of the have-nots.
Don
gad

Post by gad »

rwk wrote:Hi5-- No i do'nt think i'm to harsh, with all the folks that are againist xbows, i don't like it when some one gives them more fuel for there fire. Rich
Man, cant believe on that. You come here to try to censor people on their
questions. If I was the moderator of this forum, you will be OUT. :evil:
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
gad

Re: 200 yds?

Post by gad »

lotusnight45 wrote:Has anyone shot out to 200yds with there crossbow? I was wondering if anybody had pushed the envelope that far.
STRICTLY TARGET SHOOTING!!!!
I would never hunt that far just wanted to know if its possible I have shot to 150 yds but thats as far as my range goes, and I know how important range estimation can be at that distance. If your off by 1-2 yds you can fall as much as 10-20 ft in front of the target well that has been my experience anyway. So if there are any extreme distance shooters I would love to hear from you and share experience and knowledge about long distance xbow.
Its really fun to make long range target shooting. I like it also, but I havent tried anything beyond 90 yards.

Try it if you can and let us know the results. :D
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

My range is opening a new 200yds target just for me to try, I can't wait I am sure I will lose some bolts at that distance but the challenge of it will be soooooo worth it.
I currently have my target exomax set up with a harris bi-pod and verizone scope but I will probably have to put one of my milldot tactical scopes on to get that much elavation.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

There you go . . .just shows if you have enough time, money and energy to spend doing something, it can be done! Good Luck! Let us know what it takes to hit a 200 yard target, two times in a row . . .that's not going to be easy. All the variables going against you . . .wish I were there.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Shoot away, Lotus! :D

You don't have to explain yourself here (basic clarification is always needed, and appreciated). We are a group of like-minded enthusiasts who cultivate an atmosphere of friendly cameraderie. Dive right in.

I know I'd hardly ever get a bolt on target at 200 ... the wind always blows on the Coastal Plain ... that's why the Wright Brothers came to Kitty Hawk!

Let us know how it goes!
Grizz
Boo

Post by Boo »

Lotus, no fibbing about how many arrows you loose! LOL!Image