none

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lotusnight45

none

Post by lotusnight45 »

Sometime in your life you really must be a free man not just a believer in freedom. It is the differance between being alive and living life. I came to this forum because I believed that you would have some info for me on my favorite sport but even the ones that practice the long range xbow are saying 200yds can't be done. Sorry folks but the negativity around here is more than I can handle. If you only shoot for the sky you will never get off the ground but if you shoot for the stars you can always settle with the sky. I am not sorry for anything I have said and I hope someday when the fear is gone from this room I may return.
Last edited by lotusnight45 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Lotus . . .obviously you are free to leave. However, if you do, then you lose, we lose and the fight for freedom is lost.

You need to stick around and keep your prospective active. It's really healthy for the forum.

Like I said, it was getting boring around here.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Rich

Post by Rich »

16 posts and your gone..............your loss. Seemed to me you stirred the pot in a few of your posts to get the negative responses. Good luck in your long distances quests, your missing out on more experience and advice than you'll ever be able to obtain on your own.

Rich
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Goodbye, your deep thoughts and insight will be missed. :cry:
If I find any stray arrows in my yard I will know you succeeded.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Leave if you want, Lotus. You're free to take off ... but you're selling this forum short.

No need to so thin-skinned. You'll never go anywhere and find that everyone agrees with you, or that everyone takes what you said the way you meant it. There's a lot of give-and-take in forum communication, and it's made harder because lots of people don't express themselves well when writing ... and you can't see expressions or hear intonation either. We use emoticons to help, but smiley-faces aren't like face-to-face. I've followed the threads in question (and posted on them) and I don't think they're all that negative. Just guys voicing differing views ... and I don't believe they meant what they said the way you took it.

I've seen lots of forums. This is the only one I've ever stayed on. There are some fine guys (and a few gals) on here, and we share some fine communication.

It's up to you, but I think you'd be wise to stay a while and see.

Whatever you do, take care. :)
Grizz
Boo

Post by Boo »

You're kidding, right? You run into problems (minor ones), guys step up to the plate for you and then you run???? You gotta be kidding. This is a joke right?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

You dont have to go because some guys are bugging you, Its not any of there business what you do. You know your doing nothing wrong and thats all that matters. Screw them, let the piss you off, but don't let it gt to your head. I dont have any problem with guys here because 99.9% of the people here are great people. Do what you will but you are losing out big time.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

In the internet forum world, people come and people go.

Especially thin skinned ones..

No big deal..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Never understood why people announce they are leaving.

I'm staying! :D
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Some of us that have time on our hands spend some of it trying to spread the truth about xbows. I've found 17 xbow forums, some more active than others. You won't believe the trash being spread out there! Invaribly, it starts, "My brother-in-laws neighbor" or "a guy at our club" and then goes on to some ridiculous statement like [fill in the blank] "shot a turkey at 140 yds. w/ an xbow."

The guys workin night and day to keep xbows from expanding quote these xbow forums alot. And, like was mentioned on an earlier post, it's hard to get points across w/ tact and diplomacy via a keyboard.

What ever has been said here was well meant and well intended. Should you still decide this is not the place for you, that's your call. h
Here's a site in Italy where they do alot of what you are interested in:
http://www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org/ Good luck!
"Eze 18:21"
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

That's what's great with freedom of choice. We can all exercise it.

We all know where the door is. and people come and go. While some are missed, others are not even an afterthought. When they leave, they just have to be careful it doesn't hit them in the back.

When one leaves, the question one should ask is: Which will I be? :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

Drama qeen? sounds like you have some issues of your own bud. I am not leaving because you said anything that hurt my feelings I do not get hurt by anyone my reserves of emotion ran dry long ago so don't flatter yourself pal. I do find your statement funny though I didn't stir any pot it was shook up before I ever got here. There are some great people here and I have enjoyed much of my time here I just grow weary of the others and I don't have much patience for panty waists that are scared to speek there own mind. As for the rest of you I have been glad to talk with you and I will stick around for awhile just to see what happens. I did not come here to mess with anyone I have a life and the internet is not my world so those that think that can @#$%-off and that is that. I simply asked a question and have spent the rest off my time defending my question wich never really was anwered in the first place. How would you react if you walked into a place where everyone was a bow shooter but because you shot an xbow you where looked upon as something different. Well I came to a place for xbowmen and because I shoot targets that makes me the bad guy on the block. Well I will stay if for no other reason than to be the evil long distance xbowmen on this site.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

How about you start with dumping the misconception that we think you are evil.. Then back that up by standing by what you say. Integrity goes a long way with people.
You can't jump back and fourth on your perspective and expect people to take you seriously. Your goal of long range shooting is a fine one, stick with it and earn some of the respect you think you deserve.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

Wow...
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
Rich

Post by Rich »

Lotusnight45,

Why don't you go out and shoot some 200 yard targets and take some pictures of your results and post them. I would love to see your results, personally I don't have a 200 yard range nor the desire to continually replace lost bolts. I'm totally onboard with your desire to shoot long distance, now show me some results.

Rich