Bring Back the Black!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

marmot

Bring Back the Black!

Post by marmot »

Black Vixen that is! Now that Excalibur is producing the Apex in black, it should not take an act of God to offer the Vixen in that color (“deerhide brown” is a butt ugly color). Therefore, I hereby officially start the "Bring Back the Black Vixen" campaign. I do not know what it is about the Phoenix, but the Vixen is a pleasure to shoot and string in comparison. Plus, the Vixen is significantly easier to cock by hand. That extra twenty-five pounds feels like fifty!
Last edited by marmot on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marmot

Post by marmot »

One more thing: if Excalibur is looking for a name ending in "X" for their 150lb crossbow, "Anthrax" is still available. : :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe the new Vixen uses the same riser as the other models, so stringing is still going to be harder, but the shorter draw length sure fits some of us shorter statured people better! I vote for the black finish, too!!!!!!!!
wabi
TonyU

Sounds GREAT! "Back in Black"

Post by TonyU »

I would buy the black one for sure. If they did come out with it, then when you click on the image, you should hear "Back in Black" by AC/DC. That might be cool and very popular.
Wapiti

bring back the black

Post by Wapiti »

I agree. I had my Vixen Duro coated in Black I had the stock and limbs done It cost 85.00 plus shipping. Weel worth the cost looks real sharp
Digger

Re: bring back the black

Post by Digger »

Wapiti wrote:I agree. I had my Vixen Duro coated in Black I had the stock and limbs done It cost 85.00 plus shipping. Weel worth the cost looks real sharp
The last Vixen I'd get rid of. A sweet shooter.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'm going to be a poop disturber here and say I like the deerhide brown. :D I really do. The black looks cool but I think the brown looks a lot more natural in the woods. My wife has a brown Vixen and I'm always amazed at how well that thing blends in with the fall woods. Can't see the black blending in as well. Just my 2 cents. :)
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
marmot

Post by marmot »

Black blends in much better inside of a blind or tucked into a stand of evergreens or thick brush. Heck, if Excalibur wants a good tree stand color, how about haze gray?
Last edited by marmot on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyU

Original Black Point Blanc............

Post by TonyU »

Jim C. gave me a fantastic deal on an original Point Blanc (first production run). This one had the original removable wooden cheekpiece. I like the functionality but thought the brown color detracted from the all black and gold metal. I sanded the cheekpiece and sprayed it with Duplicolor Truck Bed Liner Black. It looks great now.

Jim sold it to me with a nice Martin front sight and 7 bolts he had cut down himself. Jim & Liz are great folks.

I would love a black Vixen, but will most likely end up with the brown and still be real happy with it. Hooray for Excalibur...........
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I would like to see the black vixen back as well. Or better yet, a camo one.
Digger, thats a sweet looking vixen.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I would image that if enough folks want the Vixen in black it will eventually be offered, but I'd hazard to guess, not before the supply Deerhide Brown stocks are exhausted.

That's just my opinion, but then what do I know? :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
TPM

Post by TPM »

ComfyBear is right, if there is enough demand Excal will probably bring it back but let's not forget that in the end business is a numbers game. My guess would be that if was selling well enough it wouldn't have been dropped in the first place. How long ago did they switch to the brown stock? :?:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
marmot

Post by marmot »

They could offer it now by special order only. It does not cost more to dye a rail black than it does any other color during the "hardcoat" anodizing process.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

I also think they should bring out a youth crossbow somthing like the Apex but a little moe power and in CAMO but small like the Apex , the blue on the Apex just does not go good , we need more young people to get into hunting then we need a youth crossbow, like a 110 lb pull so you can hunt deer with it cause the Apex is not legal poundage for deer it is 90 lbs and you need 99 lbs for deer
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I added spacers to my PointBlanc abd used it to get my first deer this past season.

The Black Vixen I loved and have a black Vixen stock on my Exomag. Tried to buy the all black custom Mag (Done by Excalibur) a fellow Member sold last year but was too late.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!