Lumi Scope Problem I Think

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Polecat

Lumi Scope Problem I Think

Post by Polecat »

Well guys, I got my LZ scope awhile back put it on my vortex sighted it in and it has been doing great till now. It is not that the scope is not on, but it will not light up on levels and some time will not light at all. So I am going to change the batt. and see if that works, if not where would you fellows go from there ? Thanks
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Home. Call Danny. Hopefully, it's just a battery.
"Eze 18:21"
wildwindom

Re: Lumi Scope Problem I Think

Post by wildwindom »

Polecat wrote:Well guys, I got my LZ scope awhile back put it on my vortex sighted it in and it has been doing great till now. It is not that the scope is not on, but it will not light up on levels and some time will not light at all. So I am going to change the batt. and see if that works, if not where would you fellows go from there ? Thanks
I had the same problem with mine. All the contacts were not touching sent it to dan miller and got a new one back in 4 days.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Rich

Post by Rich »

Joe,

Not a battery problem, if so it would either be dim or off, but not intermittent. Sounds like a bad set of contacts in the dial. Someone else had the same issue a while ago.

Rich
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I hardly use the light features of the scope, but love the thing anyways!
I wouldn't rule out batteries just yet, a weak battery could play tricks on the internals, especially when you are dealing with lithium.
Don't buy junk batteries, spend the whole $4 and get a decent one, the button cells are lithium and are made to run at 3 volts, but unlike alkaline lithium batteries can be very dead at 2.9 volts, even 3. The benefits of lithium are outstanding, but they can be touchy..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Use a pencil eraser to clean up the terminals then change the battery. If that won't get it send it back. My neighbor bought one whose eyepiece FELL OFF.
Ecal replaced it in 4 days.