Tekan 2 Expandables and slick trick guys

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Tekan 2 Expandables and slick trick guys

Post by crazyfarmer »

anyone have any luck with these out of their xbows? It looks like a really solid bhead. Only thing I dont like is that its 2 blade, but it has one heck of a cut though. They just look smaller and more compact compared to the spitfires.

next, has anyone tried the new magnum slick tricks with the larger cutting blades? I take you can just order the new blades and use in the old style slick tricks also? Granted its only 1/8th an inch difference though :lol:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

n/m on the tekan's.. just did a search and saw that most dont like them since they dont bleed well.... :lol: :o

still would like to know if the new 1 1/8th blades will fit in the standard 1inch head :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

www.slicktrick.net As far as I know the ferrules are all the same for 100 gr.
"Eze 18:21"
diesel

Post by diesel »

I've always shot the 1 1/8 Slick tricks and yes they shoot very well. I don't know if you can switch blades or not.
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

My buddy said the exact same thing about the Tekans, he lost a few deer due to a lack of blood trail.

Rich
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Farmer

I just got both the two blade and three blade Rage Expandibles and they shoot very nice. I'm gonna use them this year. Rage had a little trouble with the leading edge being rounded instead of square cut so had trouble deploying, but now they have that straightened out and shipping them out now.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

DrDan wrote:Farmer

I just got both the two blade and three blade Rage Expandibles and they shoot very nice. I'm gonna use them this year. Rage had a little trouble with the leading edge being rounded instead of square cut so had trouble deploying, but now they have that straightened out and shipping them out now.
thanks for the info along with everyone else.. I was gonna try the rage this year also just to see. Never know when you might like something else better. I always tend to fall back to the slick tricks though :lol:

I like rage cause they send a practice head with the others, unlike spitfires..

have you tried replacing any blades yet on them? how hard was that?
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Love my slicks. Yes the blades are interchangeable, in fact you can pair the 1" with the 1 and 1/8t" of the same weight if you want to. (Dont know how accurate they are that way). Shoot great, exit hole much larger than 4 bladed diameter.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

is the recall on rage broadheads over? I was going to try them too
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Dunn14 wrote:

is the recall on rage broadheads over? I was going to try them too
thats why I held off on them..... I want to make sure all the bad ones are gone before ordering them
taxman

test

Post by taxman »

i would stay w/ they slick tricks. if you have to use expandables-ive had GREAT success w/ rocket steelheads. the only downside to them is they are one shot deals.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

TaxMan , Can't the blades on the rockets be changed ?
taxman

STEELHEADS

Post by taxman »

yes sir-you are correct-they can be changed. however, i tried once to change the blades around 95/96 w/ the first rocketheads that came out and i just find it easier to just use a new head. most of time i fail to get all the blood/dirt/grit out of the slots and i will get 2 out of 3 blades to close properly. usually during hunting season im either too tired or dont have the time/patience to change them out. i do have a box full of hits/misses/fox hits of rockets and spitfires. last year i took 3 different deer with the same slick trick w/o changing the blades. all i did was clean them off by running them under hot water in the sink. ive tried to change out the steelhead but the screws are so small that they are very easy to strip.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Regarding the Slick Tricks. The 100s and 125s use the same blades, the 85s (1" blades) are different. That statement came directly from the maker.

That was when they made the 85gr with 1" blades and 100 gr and 125 gr. with only 1 1/8" blades broadheads.

The 85s still come with only 1" blades, whereas both the 100s and 125s now come in either 1" or 1 1/8" blades. So you might want to check if the blades are interchangeable.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I use the Montec's
I shot some tekan's and they fell apart in flight.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011