O/T: Rage Practice Heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

O/T: Rage Practice Heads

Post by crazyfarmer »

I saw somewhere that said the Rage practice head doesnt open and of coarse it has dull blades. So does that mean you can shoot that head as many times as you want? I was gonna order the 3 head practice pack, but if you can reuse that 1 they give you in the hunting pack ill just go ahead and order that.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bstout wrote:CF: A friend of mine hunts with Rage hunting heads. He claims that they do shoot identical to target tips. He had his practice Rage head along with him. He demonstrated it too me. If I was shooting mechanicals I would want to see the dummy head fly out of my bow ahead of season also. After you confirm that it shoots the same as target tips there isn't much reason to use the dummy head again according to my friend.
thanks for the info:) Mainly I like to shoot the dummy head before I go hunting everytime to make sure nothing was off. If they fly the same as a fieldtip, then its no point anyway since im sure the dummy head will wear the target out sooner also.

Thats what I hated about spitfires.. no practice head so you had to waste a good one to see if they work right.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

if you get them let me know how they do, :D I was gonna get a set but the recall was still on when I went to get them
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Dunn14 wrote:if you get them let me know how they do, :D I was gonna get a set but the recall was still on when I went to get them
I checked with bowhunterssuperstore and they said they have all new ones in stock and ready to ship;)

im definitly getting them to try since I like there bigger cutting area
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

CrazyFarmer

Yes the practice head does not deploy so you can shoot it over and over. Don't waste $$$ on buying the practice heads - the one that comes with the broadheads is all you need unless you miss and lose it.
Speaking of missing... Like a fool I used the 20 yard crosshairs when shooting at 30 yards the other night and drove a GTII straight into the steel frame around my "block" OMG what devestation to a bolt and practice tip. I shot it out of my Equinox and it was smoking when it hit the steel frame I use to hold the block up off the ground!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
diesel

Post by diesel »

Can you tie them shut with fishing line ? That's what I do with my WASP Jak-Hammers.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Dan, hows the flight of them compared to field tips? Also, did you get the 2blade or 3? 8) :D
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey Farmer

I'll tell you what - I can't tell any difference between the Rage two or three bladed practice tips and a field point. Mine are between 3/4" to 1" group at 30 yards and hit at same place as field points. I'm sold! I wanted to mess with them both so I went crazy one night and bought three of each. Now I gonna have to kill at least four deer this year to evaluate my different broadheads. I think we can take five deer in Ohio this year if we get an urban permit. That's a lot of tenderloin and trail balogna.

Go for it Farmer - You know you are going to anyhow. They seem to be good points...

The thing I seem to like about them is they do not start to open until the trocar is through the skin and then they start deploying and open up the hole the trocar made. That keeps them from sliding on the skin. My buddy who also crossbow hunts uses Spitfires and he shot a buck last year at an angle going in and that arrow slid on the skin and started in the high - mid - chest and it ended up in the guts in front of the back leg. That's objectionable to me. Them points with the blades folded forward and held with a rubber band will do that when they hit.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
ranger

Post by ranger »

I have a new pac of Rage and Tekan II's that Iam going to test ether tomorrow night or Sunday with my Vortex...Ive used the new tekan with my vert bow but never with the CB,thats also why I bought the Rage...too see witch is better....
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thanks for all the info.. definitly gonan try the 3blades out then. I tried the spitfires but wasnt happy with them, mainly cause the clip were a PITA to replace after practice.

ranger keep us updated