World Championship Crossbow Shoot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

World Championship Crossbow Shoot

Post by Esox »

Just an FYI for those that may have never seen this before. Here's a few photos of the practice round of the World Crossbow Shooting Association (WCSA) World Championship Shoot being held this week here in New Jersey. The shoot was all this week but I took these last Sunday. I was hoping to get back up there to see the shoots but couldn't get away from my job...(It's about an hour north from me). There are 45 shooters from around the US and Canada and 9 other countries....As far away as England, Ireland, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and Japan... A very friendly group of people...I asked all sorts of questions and nobody minded...They have some really wild looking gear... In general they shoot 80-90 lbs limbs, 13-14 inch arrows with little or no fletching (around 320 gr or so) and open or peep sights at 45, 55 and 65 yds... The WCSA has a webite if anyone is interested in more informationImagehttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/e ... 0014-1.jpg[/img]http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/e ... 150009.jpg[/img]http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/e ... 150036.jpg
Swede

Post by Swede »

Its world championships in fieldtarget crossbow. One of my very good friends are there. His name is Micky SKottlund. If you meet him tell him say hi from the guy in Stockholm. Micky is a great guy. If you wish to know things about fieldtaget he is full of knowledge.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

My student, Brent Hankins participated in this-my annual office retreat conflicted so I was unable to attend. Brent was a promising recurve archer but two years ago he was directed to wear a scoliosis brace to correct a spinal issue and that prevented him from properly shooting a recurve bow. Rather than lose him from our club, I gave him an air rifle and a point blanc crossbow to train with. He has trained constantly for 18 months or so and has shot in several indoor and outdoor tournaments. This was his first big meet and he used one of My AUSBOW contenders.

He missed the warm up shoot but shot both the main event and the matchplay. While the junior division was very thin, his winning scores were competitive with the senior and master aged men and his 2X900 score was a few points higher than women's champion (and TNC legend and hall of famer, Carol Pelosi). NOt bad for a boy who has been alive fewer years (15) than several of these archers have been competiting :D

The WCSA is a new organization which was formed to promote both "field" (target) crossbow archery and "sport crossbow". Sadly there was only one or two sport crossbow archers and an excalibur vixen or Phoenix rigged with a good sight would be competitive in such an event allowing participation in the WCSA world shoot without buying the 1500 dollar rigs Brent and others used.
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach